New Certification Level Helps Users Learn How to Bolster the Security of Environments with Advanced Cloud Security Analytics and Threat Intelligence to Enable DevSecOps in the Cloud
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Sumo Logic, the leading cloud-native, machine data analytics platform that delivers continuous intelligence, today announced a new certification level focused on security analytics as part of its existing certification program. The Sumo Security User certification will be available to all Sumo Logic users as part of Sumo Logic’s upcoming Illuminate user conference, taking place Sept. 12-13, 2018 in Burlingame, Calif.
A recent survey indicates 80 percent of enterprises are frustrated with outdated security tools and are looking for new security solutions to help with transitions to the cloud, modern application architectures and with overall digital transformation. A significant number of customers are using Sumo Logic’s cloud-native security analytics solution to solve problems legacy security tools have failed to address.
Sumo Logic’s multi-level certification program provides its more than 50,000 users with the knowledge, skills and competencies to harness the power of machine data analytics and maximize investments in the Sumo Logic platform. The new Sumo Security User certification will help users learn how to leverage Sumo Logic’s centralized security monitoring, threat detection, correlation and alert investigation capabilities across all the phases of the security operations workflow.
The Sumo Logic certification program now includes four levels of certification – Pro User, Power User, Power Admin and Sumo Security User — and are based on the level of usage and expertise of the Sumo Logic platform. Specifically:
- Sumo Pro User – Sumo Pro Users possess broad knowledge about analyzing logs and metrics, and have familiarity with the Sumo Logic service related to simple data searching, filtering, parsing and analyzing. Taking advantage of Sumo Logic Apps, Certified Sumo Pro Users can quickly and easily get up and running using the out-of-the-box content to start monitoring their data, identifying trends and staying on top of their critical events.
- Sumo Power User – Sumo Power Users possess deep technical knowledge on how to analyze and correlate their logs and metrics to easily identify those critical events that are important to the organization. In addition to taking advantage of out-of-the-box content, Certified Sumo Power Users can build dashboards and alerts for their custom apps, unlocking the power of Sumo Logic to analyze, measure and monitor the overall health of their environments.
- Sumo Power Admin – Sumo Power Admins possess deep technical knowledge on how to set up, manage and optimize their Sumo Logic solution. In addition to securing and and managing their Sumo Logic environment, Certified Sumo Power Admins can design and deploy a data collection strategy that fits their infrastructure. Keeping an eye on the pulse, Sumo Power Admins can also optimize data querying to fit their searching patterns.
- Sumo Security User – With security threats on the rise, users will learn how Sumo Logic’s threat intelligence capabilities can help them stay on top of their environment by matching IOCs like IP addresses, domain names, URLs, email addresses, MD5 hashes and more, to increase the velocity and accuracy of threat detection and strengthen overall security posture.
“The threat landscape is only growing bigger by the day, and organizations are looking for disruptive security analytics platforms like Sumo Logic that provide unique cloud-native solutions, which converge detection and investigation workflows across silos in the typical defense,” said Dean Thomas, vice president of customer success, Sumo Logic. “We’re very excited to launch our new Sumo Security User certification as it will give our users the hands-on knowledge to adapt and accelerate the cloud, application and digital transformation transitions that characterize modernizing IT.”
For more information on the Sumo Security User certification program, or for a demo of our cloud security analytics and threat detection, investigation and correlation capabilities, stop by our booth (2009) at Black Hat this week from Aug. 8-9, 2018 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
- Read about the Sumo Logic Certification Program
- Register for an upcoming Sumo Cert Jam
- Sign up for Sumo Logic for free
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. More than 1,600 customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a multi-tenant, service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Founded in 2010, Sumo Logic is a privately held company based in Redwood City, Calif. and is backed by Accel Partners, DFJ, Greylock Partners, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Sequoia Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Offleash for Sumo Logic