NEW YORK, May 16, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global three dimensional integrated circuits (3D-ICs) market is expected to grow significantly from USD 6.8 billion to USD 13.9 billion, during the forecast period from 2018 to 2024 at a CAGR of 11.1%. Key factors driving the market growth are; growing number of portable devices such as laptops, smart phones, tablets, and others, coupled with increasing adoption of efficient and compact functional chips, and rising demand for miniaturization in industries such as consumer electronics. Moreover, increasing demand for power efficient ICs with high-storage capacity is also driving the market growth. However, technological complexities associated with the 3D-ICs may inhibit the market growth to some extent.
The three dimensional integrated circuit is an emerging viable solution which offers high performance, low power consumption and increased functionality to accomplish requirements of electronic devices. It is a promising solution for reducing interconnects length and footprint without shrinking the size of the transistors. Moreover, vertically stacked integrated circuits (ICs) can enhance signal speed by dissipating very little power, using chip thermal interface protocol. Multi-chip packing and introduction of IntSim have emerged as the key trends in the global 3D ICs market. 3D packaging is also one of the emerging trends in the semi-conductor industry.
Emergence of 3D ICs driving the ICT industry
The high performance networking equipment and devices with large storage capacity require huge bandwidth. Therefore, to manage the memory and bandwidth challenges, the ICT sector is expected to adopt 3D integration technology due to its high bandwidth benefits and chip density offerings. 3D-ICs are actively considered as the ideal solution, owing to the growing demand for miniaturization of devices with efficient thermal management components.
Three Dimensional ICs Market – Regional Insight
Geographically, Asia-Pacific (APAC) held the largest share of the global 3D-ICs market. The growth in the region is attributed to the rapidly growing industries such as ICT and consumer electronics. Moreover, Asia- Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market in 2017. The growth in the region is due to the rising technological advancement in 3D IC and rising demand of consumer electronics devices including smart phones, laptops, and other portable devices.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Global Three Dimensional Integrated Circuits Market Outlook, Trend and Opportunity Analysis, Competitive Insights, Actionable Segmentation & Forecast 2024” at: https://www.energiasmarketresearch.com/global-three-dimensional-integrated-circuits-market-report/
To purchase report: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key findings from the report:
- On the basis of component, TSV segment holds the major share of the market, owing to the ease of isolation of thermal coupling in 3D-ICs
- On the basis of products, image sensors and MEMS devices hold the largest share of the market
- On the basis of substrate, silicon on insulator (SOI) accounted for the largest market share in 2017 and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to its use in minimizing the production of unwanted heat and parasitic capacitance
- Based on application, information and communication technology segment dominates the global three dimensional integrated circuit market owing to the increasing adoption of 3D IC integration technology
- Key players profiled in global 3D-ICs market are Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd.; STMicroelectronics; Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE); IBM Corporation; SanDisk; Intel Corporation; Micron Technology Inc.; SK Hynix Inc.; Xilinx Inc.; STATS ChipPAC Ltd.; United Microelectronics Corporation; Tezzaron Semiconductor Corporation among others.
The report segments the global three dimensional integrated circuits market on the basis of component, product, substrate, 3D technology, application, and region.
- Through Silicon Vias
- Through Glass Vias
- Silicon Interposer
- Light Emitting Diodes (LED)
- Micro-electro mechanical systems (MEMS)
- Silicon on Insulator (SOI)
- Bulk Silicon
By 3D Technology
- Wafer Level Packaging
- System Integration
- Consumer Electronics
- ICT/ Telecommunication
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- Central and South America
About Energias Market Research Pvt. Ltd. –
Energias Market Research Pvt. Ltd. publishes high quality reports, in-depth market research studies, to help clients obtain investment level clarity on current business scenario, trends and segmentation for their future developments. We are committed to our client’s needs, by providing high quality custom reports solutions best fit for strategy development and implementation to high return of invest (RoI). We believe that exceptional problems need expertise to solve, and with the help of our industries expertise we are able to offer an in depth understanding of what’s crucial, what’s applicable, and what it takes to ensure accomplishment in any business or venture.
With a wide range of expertise from various industrial sectors and more than 50 industries that includes energy, chemical and materials, information and communication technology, semiconductor and electronics industries, healthcare and daily consumer goods, etc. We strive to provide our clients with a one-stop solution for all research and consulting needs. Follow Energias Market Research on Twitter at @energiasmr.
Mr. Manas Nagi
Business Development Manager
For any queries email us: email@example.com
To purchase report: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +1-716-239-4915