OTTAWA, March 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in business communications, announced today that independent research firm Synergy Research Group has confirmed its lead in unified communications as a service (UCaaS) subscriber growth for the fourth quarter of 2017 as the company added more seats than the combined totals of three of its competitors. Reflecting continued strong demand, Mitel’s overall UCaaS subscriber numbers also increased more than 60 percent compared with the previous year.
“The UCaaS market shows no signs of slowing with increases over the last four quarters and a 29 percent growth rate per year,” said Jeremy Duke, Synergy Research Group’s founder and Chief Analyst. “Mitel has emerged as a leader in the space having built the critical mass and scale necessary to serve as a formidable competitor.”
“Many factors are driving businesses to move to the cloud as they look to address competitive pressures, productivity requirements and the need for greater flexibility,” said Rich McBee, Chief Executive Officer, Mitel. “Mitel is giving customers the best path to the cloud and accelerating their journey faster and further while enabling them to leverage advanced applications to communicate and collaborate more effectively.”
- Mitel is ranked #2 in UCaaS Market Share Worldwide by Synergy Research. For more information about Synergy Research Group’s Q4 2017 UCaaS market share data, view the company’s press release here.
- Mitel recently crossed the one million-seat mark for UCaaS subscribers worldwide.
- Mitel has been recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications for four consecutive years.
- Read how Connecticut’s Taft School gained efficiencies and saved money by moving to the cloud.
- Download the Tolly Group’s competitive comparison reports on MiCloud Connect and MiCloud Flex.
- Get a free copy of the “Cloud Communications for Dummies” e-book.
A global market leader in business communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 70 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media – North America/APAC
Media – EMEA
+33 (0)130 964 301