MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Jan. 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Gay Lea Foods Co-operative Limited (“Gay Lea Foods”) today unveiled a modernized new logo and website reflective of its future outlook and investment plans as a leader in the Canadian dairy industry dedicated to innovation, the development of high quality products, and growing the market for Canadian milk.
Building upon 60 years of growth and innovation in the Canadian dairy industry, the new logo retains the well-recognized Gay Lea Foods script – with a contemporary twist – and projects a clean, modern image that aligns with Gay Lea Foods’ presence as a preferred dairy supplier, product innovator and engaged partner in the Canadian agriculture and agri-food sector.
“We’re very proud to announce that Gay Lea Foods is continuing to advance in 2018, not only through our investments and new business ventures, but with a brand identity that is a testament to our remarkable history, and a tangible symbol of the direction we’re heading in,” says Gay Lea Foods Chair, Steve Dolson.
“We’ve been on a fantastic trajectory, as plans to expand our foods and ingredients business have taken shape through multiple acquisitions and a persistent strategic focus on innovation, ingredients and industry leadership,” President & CEO, Michael Barrett added. “Now it’s time for our brand to embody the business we’ve become and the direction we’re heading.”
The newly launched website at gaylea.com has been redesigned to highlight the co-operative’s growing brand family and catalogue of products, while showcasing how Gay Lea Foods stays true to its Born on the Farm heritage and co-operative values as a proud Canadian dairy business. For the first time, the site will also allow registered Canadian charities working to support education, poverty relief, co-operative development and community well-being projects to apply online for funding through the Gay Lea Foundation.
The new logo and website were unveiled at the co-operative’s 2018 Annual General Meeting in Mississauga, where Directors kicked-off 60th anniversary celebrations with a stirring video chronicling the impressive story of Gay Lea Foods over the past six decades: from a small group of Ontario farmers who came together with a common vision in 1958, to a thriving Canadian dairy industry leader with members on more than 1,360 dairy farms, more than 4,250 members overall, and production facilities across Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta.
Barrett highlighted a number of the co-operative’s recent and ongoing successes at the AGM, emphasizing Gay Lea Foods’ forward-thinking mindset and motivation to reinforce a sustainable and growing dairy industry in Canada. Highlights include:
- Ongoing construction in Teeswater and Hamilton, Ontario, where the initial phase of the co-operative’s $140 million capital investment plan to build an innovative nutraceutical-grade dairy ingredients hub in Canada is well underway. The new Gay Lea Foods Dairy Innovation Centre is slated to open in Hamilton this summer.
- The opening of Manitoba Dairy Ingredients (MDI) in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the result of a dynamic out of province, joint-venture investment;
- Establishment of a framework for the co-operative to accept members within the province of Manitoba;
- Plans to open a collaborative, year-round Co-operative Education Centre (CEC) at the Gay Lea Foods Dairy Heritage Museum in Aylmer, Ontario, in 2018;
- The purchase of Alberta Cheese in Calgary, Alberta, late in the calendar year;
- The donation of a record amount of money to registered charities through the Gay Lea Foundation, investing in the larger community;
- The co-operative’s leading role in industry and public policy working with dairy, agri-food and government partners at provincial and national levels; and,
- Record sales, profits, processing volumes, membership growth, and investment returns in 2017.
Reflective of these milestones and Gay Lea Foods’ continuing investment in growth and modernization, the co-operative’s new brand identity will be rolled out in all Gay Lea Foods communications and online channels today, and across products and facilities in the coming months.
ABOUT GAY LEA FOODS
Gay Lea Foods is as renowned for its co-operative-inspired values as it is for its quality products: from the moment our milk is Born on the Farm, until our products reach the table, our farmers, members and employees collaborate to meet member needs, contribute to the sustainable development of communities, and ensure that Gay Lea Foods is well positioned to lead as an innovative and growing Canadian food business. 100% Canadian-owned and operated, the co-operative is the first of its kind to include licensed dairy cow and dairy goat members, and process both kinds of milk into a range of dairy products – from the consumer favourite Spreadables and North America’s first SmoothTM Cottage Cheese, to Nothing But CheeseTM, an innovative snack made with 100% cheese.
Gay Lea Foods
Communications Manager, Gay Lea Foods