SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 07, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Druva, the global leader in cloud data protection and management, today announced record bookings and annual recurring revenue (ARR) performance for its infrastructure data protection business, an integrated service of Druva Cloud Platform, with more than 500 percent ARR growth over the last six months. Druva is in its 10th consecutive quarter of rapid year-over-year growth, and was ranked as one of the fastest growing data protection providers in Deloitte’s 2017 Technology Fast 500. Druva drives this momentum through tremendous product innovation and is uniquely positioned to scale alongside industry demand, already serving more than 4,000 global customers, including 10 percent of the world’s Fortune 500 companies.
“Today’s data is global. The traditional enterprise IT network must evolve to keep pace with the speed at which their modern digital counterparts now move, regardless of location or workload demands,” said Jaspreet Singh, founder and CEO of Druva. “That agility combined with the modernization of data protection is crucial for business longevity, as just one security misstep can have serious long-term consequences. The cloud is the best solution to address these needs, and Druva’s growth in the market is proof that customers want help overcoming data protection challenges. More than a cloud data protection vendor, Druva is a strategic partner for enterprises looking for a platform solution that meets their IT and business needs.”
In the first half of the year, the industry experienced an unprecedented rise in cybercrime with malware such as Petya and WannaCry, wreaking havoc on enterprises. Druva is the best suited to deliver ransomware immutability and anomaly detection through its advanced machine learning capabilities, providing customers with a truly unique cloud-first data protection and recovery solution that adds a degree of separation from on-premises environments.
“Data is a critical asset for most businesses,” said Harish Belur, vice president at Riverwood Capital. “Organizations cannot afford to leave their business data unprotected. Druva delivers the industry’s best cloud data protection and management solution, by offering it as a Data Management-as-a-Service solution designed to protect data on user end-points, in the cloud and in the data center. The Druva Cloud Platform maximizes the value from protected data while cutting costs, mitigating errors and eliminating recovery failure.”
Druva extends market leadership with corporate, product, customer and partner growth.
- Ranked #175 in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 with 616 percent growth, placing it as the fastest growing cloud data protection solution provider.
- Raised $80 million of growth equity funding to dramatically accelerate research and development, expand go-to-market efforts worldwide and lead the industry in redefining how enterprises protect, manage and use their data.
- Granted an Authority to Operate (ATO) under the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) — the only vendor in the data protection space with this distinction.
- Completed the Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type II certification for its data protection solutions to further assure customers that Druva has designed and implemented effective internal controls that maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the data it processes.
- Received numerous industry awards and distinctions including “Best Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Offering” from SC Awards Europe 2017 and the 12th Annual 2017 IT World Award gold winner in the “Disaster Recovery (DR) as a Service” category.
- Built out key roles with the addition of data backup/recovery pundit W. Curtis Preston as Chief Technical Architect, with further plans to increase global workforce by 14 percent over the next six months.
- Announced Druva Cloud Platform, an industry-first as-a-Service solution that is redefining the cloud data protection market by providing a unified control plane for data management services across endpoint, server and cloud application data.
- Released Druva Apollo, a service delivered via the Druva Cloud Platform that enables data management for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud workloads on a single policy control plane.
- Welcomed 300 new customers over the past six months, including AIG, ANDRITZ, General Electric, Hulu, Intuit, Marriott,, PwC, ServiceNow and Xerox. Druva’s customer base also now includes four of the nine top consulting firms and four of the top 10 U.S.-based pharmaceutical companies.
- Announced that following its FedRAMP certification, a prerequisite for most government organizations, Druva’s customer base now includes 17 federal government agencies and three out of the 10 largest federal integrators.
- Revealed record expansion of its server data protection business with triple-digit revenue growth.
- Doubled channel-driven ARR year-over-year.
- Joined the Cloud Security Alliance and Nutanix Elevate Technology Alliance Partner Program.
- Added a strategic partnership with the BSI Cybersecurity and Information Resilience, offering the cybersecurity consultancy firm’s portfolio of cloud security solutions a simplified way to restore their data to previous versions in the event of ransomware and malicious malware attacks.
- Developed integrations with both Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Hyper-V, delivering Data Management-as-a-Service for Microsoft-focused customers.
Druva is the global leader in Cloud Data Protection and Management, delivering the industry’s first data management-as-a-service solution that aggregates data from endpoints, servers and cloud applications and leverages the public cloud to offer a single pane of glass to enable data protection, governance and intelligence–dramatically increasing the availability and visibility of business critical information, while reducing the risk, cost and complexity of managing and protecting it.
Druva’s award-winning solutions intelligently collect data, and unify backup, disaster recovery, archival and governance capabilities onto a single, optimized data set. As the industry’s fastest growing data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations, and protects over 40 PB of data. Learn more at www.druva.com and join the conversation at twitter.com/druvainc.
Kulesa Faul for Druva