San Francisco, Oct. 26, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Global FPGA Market is anticipated to be valued at USD 9,882.5 million by 2020, as per a new research report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Increasing demand for customized IC’s is expected to drive the demand. Customized IC’s helps manufacturers to modify their designs even after the end product has been deployed. Mounting demand from industrial, automotive and healthcare coupled with technological advancement are likely to favor growth prospects. However, complexities in design and threat of ASIC as substitute are likely to pose challenge to the industry participants.
Telecom was the leading application segment and was valued USD 1,776.8 million in 2013. Flexibility and reduction in time are factors likely to promote its demand. Industrial was the second largest application segment and accounted for 20.55% of the overall revenue in 2013, growing at an estimated CAGR of 8.5% from 2014 to 2020. It offers numerous benefits including flexibility to change designs in regards to changing requirements, increased design integration, scalable performance and low cost.
The report “FPGA Market Size, Share, Analysis, Research Report, 2020” is available now to Radiant Insights customers and can also be purchased directly at
Key report insights suggest:
- Global FPGA market was valued USD 5,386.3 million in 2013 and is likely to reach USD 9,882.5 million by 2020 growing with an estimated CAGR of 9.1% from 2014 to 2020.
- Consumer electronics and automotive are also expected to be fast growing sectors. Global demand in consumer electronics was USD 663.0 million in 2013 which is expected to reach USD 1,258.8 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Growing use of integrated circuits in vehicles is expected to be the key driving force for the automotive market. Furthermore, favorable regulatory scenario for electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles in order to reduce carbon emissions is expected to positively impact demand.
- Asia Pacific dominated the regional FPGA demand with an estimated share of 40.34% in 2013. This region is also expected to be the fastest growing region, growing at a CAGR of 9.6% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing usage in consumer electronics and telecom segment is expected to have positive influence in regional demand. North America is expected to be the second largest region, growing at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- Highly consolidated industry consists of top three manufacturers accounting for more than 90% of the global FPGA market share. Key companies include Xilinx Inc, Altera Corporation and Lattice Semiconductor.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/semiconductors
For the purpose of this study, Radiant Insights has segmented the FPGA market on the basis of application and region:
Global FPGA Application Overview (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Consumer Electronics
- Data Processing
- Military and Aerospace
Global FPGA Region Overview (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Agricultural Films Market –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/agricultural-films-market
- Microcontroller Market – http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/microcontroller-market
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519