San Francisco, Oct. 26, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Increasing energy consumption coupled with strong energy demand for industrial, commercial and residential applications is expected to drive industry growth. Increase in electric vehicle production is likely to play a significant role for market growth. Stringent norms from regulatory bodies such as U.S. EPA and DOE to curb carbon emissions are expected to favor the demand. High cost associated with technology is expected to challenge industry growth.
The report “Advanced Energy Storage Systems Market Size, Share 2022” is available now to Radiant Insights customers and can also be purchased directly at
Thermal storage systems dominated the technology segment and accounted for more than 70% of the total market share in 2014. Low energy consumption, efficiency and low GNG emissions are anticipated to make this particular technology well suited for several applications. Batteries storage systems technology was second largest and is also anticipated to be the fastest growing with an estimated CAGR of 18.3% from 2015 to 2022.
Key report insights suggest:
- Global advanced energy storage systems market size was estimated at 3.7GW in 2014 and may reach 11.3 GW by 2022 growing with an estimated CAGR of 15.0% from 2015 to 2022.
- North America dominated the regional demand with an estimated market share of 47.5% in 2014. Favourable environment regulations to curb CO2 emissions are likely to drive this regions demand. Asia Pacific is likely to witness high growth rates with an estimated CAGR of 15.7% from 2015 to 2022. Presence of large scale manufacturing units particularly in China and India is anticipated to drive Asia Pacific’s market growth.
- European market valuation exceeded USD 340 million in 2014. Renewable energy installation programs by European Union couple with preference given to electric vehicle production in countries such as France and Germany is expected to drive regional demand.
- Highly fragmented energy storage systems market share is characterised by joint ventures and continuous research programs for developing technologies used in difference applications. Key industry participants include LG Chem, AES Energy, Alevo, Nippon Chemi-Con, Samsung SDI, A123 Systems, LLC, Duke Energy and GE.
For the purpose of this study, Radiant Insights has segmented the Advanced Energy Systems Market on the basis of technology and region:
Global Advanced Energy Storage Systems Technology Overview (Capacity, Mega Watts; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Compressed Air
- Molten Salt
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/materials
Global Advanced Energy Storage Systems Application Overview (Capacity, Mega Watts; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Acetic Acid Market Report –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/acetic-acid-market
- PP Nonwoven Fabric Market –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pp-nonwoven-fabric-market
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519