Albany – NY, Oct. 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Osteoarthritis (OA) constitutes a growing public health burden, and is the most common cause of musculoskeletal disability across the globe. Intra-articular viscosupplementation with hyaluronic acid (HA) has become an increasingly accepted therapeutic alternative to knee replacement surgery in the symptomatic management of OA over the past decade. Going forward, palliative pain treatments are likely to continue to fare well as healthcare reform kicks in and lag times for knee replacement become the norm. Growth of the viscosupplementation market will be highest in the US and the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, where there is a significant pent-up demand for early intervention in the management of OA.
Get Sample Research Report: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=362612
The increasing prevalence of OA and the lower cost of prescribing viscosupplementation compared with knee replacement surgery have prompted the medical community to take a closer look at this therapy. However, there is a growing concern among physicians that the updated American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI) treatment guidelines for knee OA will result in increased insurance denials for viscosupplementation. Moving forward, industry consolidation and intense competition in the viscosupplementation arena will cause increasing numbers of companies to augment their research efforts to differentiate their products from the lower-end competitors. The motivation to incorporate the favorable properties of different agents into a more effective viscosupplementation product has led to the manipulation and development of next-generation HA formulations consisting of not only HAs, but also pharmaceuticals, such as corticosteroids.
Key Questions Answered
- Future growth in the viscosupplementation market lies in the one-injection segment. What are the current adoption trends in different geographies? How will one-injection segment drive the market revenue growth in the upcoming years?
- In the US, some commercial insurers have completely excluded viscosupplementation treatment from their coverage. Even when the criteria for coverage have clearly been met by the patient, denials are common. Has this impacted the procedure volume growth in the US viscosupplementation market?
- Reimbursement is the single greatest barrier to the market growth for viscosupplementation procedures. How does the current payer mix look like in different countries?
- In recent years, there has been an expansion in the use of intra-articular HA viscosupplementation for treating OA at hips, shoulders, and other small joints. What are the current adoption trends in different regions?
- Because the most prevalent treatment regimen varies from region to region, the competitive landscape in the viscosupplementation space can be quite different across the geographies covered in this report. Who are the leading players in the viscosupplementation market in different countries?
Browse all reports of Medical Equipments category at: http://www.researchmoz.us/medical-equipments-market-reports-109.html
Reasons to buy
What Do Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz’s service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.
CONTACT: Mr. Nachiket Ghumare State Tower, 90 State Street, Suite 700, Albany NY - 12207 United States Tel: +1-518-621-2074 USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948 Website: http://www.researchmoz.us/