Albany – NY, Oct. 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — As a natural upgrade path for carriers from the previously detached GSM, CDMA and TD-SCDMA ecosystems, LTE has emerged as the first truly global mobile communications standard. Commonly marketed as the “4G” standard, LTE promises to provide higher data rates and lower latency at a much lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) than 3G technologies.
The TCO and performance is further enhanced by deployment of small cells and the LTE-Advanced standard. LTE-Advanced is a further enhancement to LTE which improves performance and data rates using features such as the aggregation of carriers, interference management and advanced antenna techniques.
Get Sample Research Report: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=245074
With over 380 fully commercial network launches, LTE has become a mainstream technology, and a number of wireless carriers have already deployed LTE-Advanced features such as carrier aggregation. SNS Research estimates that LTE service revenues will account for nearly $170 Billion in 2015. Revenues are further expected to grow at a CAGR of 30% over the next 5 years.
Driven by these revenue prospects, operators continue to aggressively invest in LTE infrastructure, encompassing macrocell base stations (eNBs), small cells and EPC/mobile core equipment. LTE infrastructure spending is expected to account for nearly $33 Billion by the end of 2020.
While LTE and LTE-Advanced deployments are still underway, wireless carriers and vendors have already embarked on R&D initiatives to develop so-called “5G” technology, with a vision of commercialization by 2020. 5G is essentially a revolutionary paradigm shift in wireless networking to support the throughput, latency, and scalability requirements of future use cases such as extreme bandwidth augmented reality applications and connectivity management for billions of M2M (Machine to Machine) devices.
The “LTE, LTE-Advanced & 5G Ecosystem: 2015 – 2020 – Infrastructure, Devices, Operator Services, Verticals, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the LTE, LTE-Advanced and the emerging 5G ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, operator revenue potential, deployment strategies, vertical market opportunities, network rollout commitments, R&D initiatives, future roadmap, value chain, vendor assessment and market share. The report also tracks revenue and shipments for both LTE infrastructure and devices, along with subscription and service revenue from 2015 through to 2020. Besides projections for the LTE market as a whole, separate projections for the TD-LTE and LTE FDD submarkets are also presented.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
- In 2015 wireless carriers will pocket nearly $170 Billion from commercial LTE service revenues. The figure is further expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 30% over the next five years
- By 2020 nearly 60% of all LTE subscriptions will be on LTE-Advanced networks
- Apple and Samsung lead LTE smartphone shipments with a combined market share of over 63%
- LTE infrastructure spending is expected to account for nearly $33 Billion by the end of 2020. This includes spending on LTE macrocells, small cells and EPC/mobile core solutions
- Nokia and Ericsson lead the LTE RAN infrastructure market with a combined market share of 43%
- Driven by regional, national government, wireless carrier and vendor initiatives, we expect 5G R&D and trial investments will account for nearly $5 Billion by 2020, following a CAGR of nearly 40% over the next 5 years
- Nearly 70% of these investments will target large scale commercial trial networks in Japan, South Korea and other early pioneering countries
The report covers the following topics:
- LTE and LTE-Advanced technology and market status
- 5G technology, initiatives and R&D commitments
- Market drivers and barriers
- TCO comparison with legacy technologies
- Vertical markets for LTE, LTE-Advanced and 5G networks
- LTE infrastructure (FDD/TDD macrocell base stations, small cells & EPC)
- LTE devices (smartphones and other form factors)
- LTE subscriptions and service revenue (FDD and TDD)
- LTE infrastructure and device vendor market share
- Antenna systems, RAN, EPC/mobile core, backhaul and fronthaul deployment strategies
- LTE operator reviews and network deployment case studies
- LTE operator service models and pricing strategies
- VoLTE, RCS, LTE Broadcast (eMBMS) and M2M services
- Wireless network infrastructure industry roadmap and value chain
- Company profiles and strategies of over 70 LTE ecosystem players including device OEMs, infrastructure (RAN, EPC) vendors and wireless carriers
- Competitive assessment of vendor strategies & commitments to 5G
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2015 till 2020
- Browse all reports of ICT category at: http://www.researchmoz.us/ict-market-reports-96.html
- Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
- Market forecasts and historical revenue/unit shipment/subscription figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- LTE Infrastructure Shipments & Revenue
- TD-LTE Macrocell eNodeBs (eNBs)
- LTE FDD Macrocell eNBs
- LTE FDD Small Cells
- TD-LTE Small Cells
LTE Device Shipments & Revenue
- LTE FDD
- Form Factor (Embedded Cards, Consumer Gadgets, Netbooks, PCs, Routers, Smartphones, Tablets and USB Dongles)
LTE Subscriptions and Operator Service Revenue
- LTE FDD
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz’s service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.
CONTACT: Mr. Nachiket Ghumare State Tower, 90 State Street, Suite 700, Albany NY - 12207 United States Tel: +1-518-621-2074 USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948 Website: http://www.researchmoz.us/