LOWELL, Mass., Sept. 01, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Rapid Micro Biosystems, the provider of automated, rapid, non-destructive detection and enumeration technologies in microbiology, today announced the continued expansion of the Growth Direct™ product line with the launch of the Growth Direct MultiTest System. The technology automates the incubation, detection, and results reporting steps for bioburden, environmental monitoring and sterility testing — within a single instrument. The proven method is based on the detection of the natural auto-fluorescence of microorganisms, and can detect growing colonies in about half the time of the traditional tests, providing time and resource savings.
The MultiTest System expands the existing Growth Direct™ technology platform currently used in FDA regulated manufacturing facilities.
- Rapid Results: Positive results are available starting within hours with a final result in half the time of the traditional test.
- Sample Preparation Unchanged: Microbiologists prepare samples using identical steps to the traditional methods.
- Non-Destructive: No additional reagents are added. Samples with positive results can continue to grow and are available for additional ID testing.
- Automation: Incubation, detection, and results reporting are managed by the Growth Direct™ MultiTest System, reducing manual errors, and freeing resources to work on higher value tasks.
- Complete Audit Trail: A complete history of user activity as well as sample processing are available, ensuring compliance with 21 CFR Part 11.
“Companies have been looking for a way to increase their efficiency, reduce errors and deliver results more quickly across the portfolio of tests they conduct,” states Julie Sperry, Chief Commercial Officer. “The Growth Direct MultiTest is unique in its ability to run all the applications concurrently on the same system.”
“Using a single, automated, self-contained microbial QC testing system changes the way that businesses view rapid methods for their quality control labs,” said Robert Spignesi, President and CEO of Rapid Micro Biosystems. “Companies now have the option to perform all their key tests on a single platform versus the inefficiencies in validation, training and maintenance of deploying unique solutions for each application. This allows QC labs to see the benefits while minimizing their up-front investment.”
Rapid Micro Biosystems is hosting hands-on workshops with the Growth Direct™ System in both the US and Europe. To register for a workshop, visit http://www.rapidmicrobio.com/workshops.
About Rapid Micro Biosystems
Rapid Micro Biosystems delivers the Growth Direct™ System, an automated, non-destructive rapid detection and enumeration technology based on the compendial method for microbial quality control in pharmaceutical manufacturing. The system automates and accelerates detection and enumeration in the areas of sterility testing, environmental monitoring, and bioburden testing, eliminating manual steps and analysis. The detection technology, first developed and patented by Dr. Don Straus, Ph.D., uses the natural auto-fluorescence of microbes and requires no reagents. For more information about Rapid Micro Biosystems visit www.rapidmicrobio.com.
CONTACT: Mark Severns Rapid Micro Biosystems firstname.lastname@example.org