Dallas, Texas (November 30, 2011) – StockGuru Shines its Spotlight on Lingo Media Corporation (TSX-V: LM)(OTCBB: LMDCF) a leader in online and print-based English language learning solutions, announced yesterday its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011. All figures are reported in Canadian Dollars, and are in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards unless otherwise noted. The Company closed on November 29, 2011, at $0.35, trading in a fifty-two week range of $0.99 – 0.35.
- China – signed custom software business partnership agreement with Lenovo to provide a custom version of Lingo Media’s software to be installed on millions of Lenovo computers sold in China. This trial offer will be launched shortly and followed by a direct to consumer offering and the future launch of additional custom versions
- Asia Pacific – secured a strategic distribution agreement with iGroup (Asia Pacific) Limited expanding Lingo Media’s market and distribution reach for its ELL Technologies and Parlo software solutions into 14 new markets. The iGroup is exclusively representing Lingo Media for an initial 3 year term in the marketing and sales of its products and services to students, academics, educators, librarians, research professionals, scientists and institutional customers in healthcare, government, research, and corporate markets in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Asia Pacific – secured a second strategic agreement with the iGroup through a book licence agreement expanding distribution of Lingo Media’s textbooks beyond China into new markets in Asia Pacific
- Peru – signed a distribution agreements with Ariane Ingenieria S.A. to sell and market ELL Technologies software solutions in the institutional, corporate and retail markets in Peru
- Argentina – signed a distribution agreement with Fundación Proydesa to sell and market ELL Technologies software solutions to government, corporate, institutional and retail markets in Argentina
[nextpage title=”Product Development” ]
Product Development Milestones:
- Commenced product development on a new and revised Q Kids software product including a brand new 3D design
- Secured a government grant to develop an online placement and assessment platform with LNTS, a leader in speech recognition
- Continued revision work for new editions of our PEP Primary English and Starting Line textbook programs with People’s Education Press based on new State Ministry of Education curriculum guidelines
- Extended the term of the remaining $890,000 of the $1 Million loan financing by an additional year
- In the quarter ended September 30, 2011, Lingo Media earned revenues of $349,544 compared to the quarter ended September 30, 2010 of $413,330.
|Loss from Operations||$||(987,983||)||$||(951,927||)|
|Total Comprehensive Loss||$||(999,551||)||$||(1,047,165||)|
- Selling, general and administrative costs for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 were $642,788 compared to $698,348 for the same period in 2010. The company continues to reduce its selling, general and administrative costs as a result of synergies realized through the ongoing integration of its business units and further rationalization of head count.
- For the third quarter, Lingo Media recorded a total comprehensive loss $999,551 or $0.05 per share compared $1,047,165 or $0.08 during the same period last year. The decrease is primarily attributed to a reduction in selling, general and administrative costs.
- The total comprehensive loss of $999,551 was significantly impacted by non-cash items including depreciation, amortization and share based payment totaling $660,417.
- Cash used in operating activities for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 totaled $ 83,277 compared to $679,019 for the comparative period.
The financial statements for the nine months ended September 30, 2011 and accompanying Management Discussion & Analysis are available at www.sedar.com.
[nextpage title=”About Us” ]
About Lingo Media (TSX VENTURE:LM)(OTCBB:LMDCF)
Lingo Media Corporation (www.lingomedia.com) is a diversified online and print-based education products and services company focused on English language learning (“ELL”) on an international scale through its four distinct business units: ELL Technologies; Parlo; Speak2Me; and Lingo Learning. ELL Technologies is a globally-established ELL multi-media and online training company marketed under the Q Group brand (www.elltechnologies.com). Parlo is a fee-based online ELL training and assessment service (www.parlo.com). Speak2Me is a free-to-consumer advertising-based online ELL service in China (www.speak2me.cn). Lingo Learning is a print-based publisher of ELL programs in China. Lingo Media has formed successful relationships with key government and industry organizations, establishing a strong presence in China’s education market of more than 300 million students. The Company continues to expand its ELL offerings and is extending its reach globally.
Portions of this press release may include “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of securities laws. Forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made pursuant to the safe harbour provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and involve certain risks and uncertainties. Actual results may vary materially from management’s expectations and projections and thus readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Certain factors that can affect the Company’s ability to achieve projected results are described in the Company’s filings with the Canadian and United States securities regulators available on www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml.
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
To get free alerts on this and other similar stocks, please register here:
What is the StockGuru Spotlight?
Many companies covered in The StockGuru Spotlight have positive increases in both volume and share price. While this is not true in all cases, StockGuru strives to cover companies in The StockGuru Spotlight that are worth of our readers’ attention.
StockGuru looks for potential break-out candidates in The StockGuru Spotlight. Many of these companies have had recent news and appear to be getting the attention of investors. StockGuru does not typically feature companies in The StockGuru Spotlight that are compensating StockGuru for this coverage. There are times when StockGuru covers a stock in The StockGuru Spotlight that had previously compensated Stockguru. Where that is the case, a proper disclosure is included below. StockGuru and its partners, employees and writers never hold shares, short positions, warrants or any other current position in a stock featured in The StockGuru Spotlight.
To feature a company in The StockGuru Spotlight please contact the Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org. If our reader is a key person for a publicly traded company, StockGuru can consider that company for either a StockGuru Spotlight or a StockGuru Profile. Please contact the StockGuru Publisher John Pentony at this email address: email@example.com.
Stockguru.com (“SG”) provides its members with the latest news, press releases, and trade alerts for all the companies highlighted on the site StockGuru.com. SG utilizes information believed to be reliable herein prepared all material. The information contained herein is not guaranteed by SG to be accurate, and should not be considered to be all-inclusive. The owner, publisher, editor and their associates are not responsible for errors and omissions. SG encourages readers and investors to supplement the information in these reports with independent research and other professional advice. All information on featured companies is provided by the companies profiled, or is available from public sources and SG makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the disclosure by the profiled companies or the information contained herein. The companies that are discussed in this opinion have not approved the statements made in this opinion. This opinion contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. This material is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. SG is not a licensed broker, broker dealer, market maker, investment banker, investment advisor, analyst or underwriter. Please consult a broker before purchasing or selling any securities viewed on http://www.Stockguru.com or mentioned herein.
This release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended and such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. “Forward-looking statements” describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies and are generally preceded by words such as “may”, “future”, “plan” or “planned”, “will” or “should”, “expected”, “anticipates”, “draft”, “eventually” or “projected”. You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, and other risks identified in a company’s annual report on Form 10-K or 10-KSB and other filings made by such company with the Securities and Exchange Commission. You should consider these factors in evaluating the forward-looking statements included herein, and not place undue reliance on such statements. The forward-looking statements in this release are made as of the date hereof and SG undertakes no obligation to update such statements. StockGuru is occasionally compensated for coverage. When this is the case, SG clearly indicates this with a disclosure of all compensation received in the past and present. Additionally SG also discloses any anticipated compensation in the future. Compensation is typically in cash. Sometimes a company pays SG in restricted shares. Pentony Enterprise and its associated companies does not take free trading shares for any reason at anytime. StockGuru is not a registered investment adviser or a broker-dealer. StockGuru makes no recommendation that the purchase of securities of companies profiled in this web site is suitable or advisable for any person, or that an investment in such securities will be profitable. In general, given the nature of the companies profiled and the lack of an active trading market for their securities, investing in such securities is highly speculative and carries a high degree of risk.
John Pentony, Publisher, Stockguru.com
Tel: +1 469 252 3031