NORTH CONWAY, N.H., Oct. 26, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Northway Financial, Inc. (the “Company”) (OTCQB: NWYF), the parent company of Northway Bank (the “Bank”), today reported net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2018 of $2.7MM, or $0.98 per basic common share. Year-to-date, the Company reported net income of $4.9MM, or $1.80 per basic common share.
- Total assets were $969MM, total loans, net, were $664MM, and total deposits were $780MM at September 30, 2018.
- Loans, net, increased $98MM, or 17.4%, from December 31, 2017, which is the result of the implementation of our organic growth strategy.
- Net interest income increased $0.9MM for the nine months ended September 30, 2018 when compared to the same period last year.
- Net income for the nine months ending September 30, 2018 was $0.6MM less than the same period last year, primarily due to an increase in noninterest expense related to the hiring of additional lenders to support our growth strategy.
- The net interest margin at September 30, 2018 was 3.35%.
- The yield on earning assets was 3.86% and the cost of interest-bearing liabilities was 0.65%, for the nine months ended September 30, 2018.
- For the nine months ended September 30, 2018, Return on Average Assets was 0.71% and Return on Average Equity was 8.42%
- Regulatory capital ratios at September 30, 2018 were 10.13% Tier 1 Leverage, 15.93% Total Risk Based Capital, and 11.78 % Common Equity Tier 1.
- Nonperforming loans as a percentage of total loans stood at 0.52% at September 30, 2018.
- The market price of our common stock, as of October 24, 2018, was $31.80.
|Northway Financial, Inc.|
|Selected Financial Highlights|
|(Dollars in thousands, except per share data)||Three Months Ended||Nine Months Ended|
|Interest and Dividend Income||$||8,758||$||7,790||$||25,105||$||23,042|
|Net Interest and Dividend Income||7,436||7,063||21,649||20,748|
|Provision for Loan Losses||195||–||195||–|
|All Other Noninterest Income||1,295||1,396||3,724||4,423|
|Net Income Before Securities Gains||1,449||2,030||3,710||5,913|
|Securities Gains, Net||1,371||423||1,558||1,602|
|Net Income Before Taxes||2,820||2,453||5,268||7,515|
|Provision for Income Tax||120||607||324||1,956|
|Net Income Available to Common Stockholders||$||2,700||$||1,846||$||4,944||$||5,559|
|Earnings per Common Share, Basic||$||0.98||$||0.67||$||1.80||$||2.02|
|Cash and Due from Banks and Interest-Bearing Deposits||18,713||25,091||14,810|
|Securities Available-for-Sale, at Fair Value||243,106||258,109||262,855|
|Retail non-maturity deposits||511,753||503,391||509,430|
|Municipal non-maturity deposits||92,707||108,918||86,138|
|Certificates of deposit||175,830||110,446||114,455|
|Federal Home Loan Bank Advances||23,396||–||17,700|
|Securities Sold Under Agreements to Repurchase||57,640||53,380||49,208|
|Junior Subordinated Debentures||20,620||20,620||20,620|
|Profitability and Efficiency|
|Net Interest Margin||3.35||%||3.48||%||3.47||%|
|Yield on Earning Assets||3.86||3.84||3.83|
|Cost of Interest Bearing Liabilities||0.65||0.45||0.46|
|Book Value Per Share of Common Shares Outstanding||$||28.30||$||29.51||$||28.94|
|Tangible Book Value Per Share of Common Shares Outstanding||24.68||25.88||25.31|
|Capital and Credit|
|Tier 1 Core Capital to Average Assets||10.13||%||10.45||%||10.41||%|
|Common Equity Risk-Based Capital||11.78||12.08||11.79|
|Tier 1 Risk-Based Capital||14.83||15.35||15.03|
|Total Risk-Based Capital||15.93||16.66||16.36|
|Common Shares Outstanding||2,751,650||2,751,650||2,751,650|
|Weighted Average Number of Common Shares, Basic||2,751,650||2,751,650||2,751,650|
|Return on Average Assets||0.71||%||0.82||%||0.84||%|
|Return on Average Equity||8.42||9.32||9.62|
|Nonperforming Loans as a % of Total Loans||0.52||0.52||0.52|
|Allowance for Loan Losses as a % of Nonperforming Loans||235||242||247|
About Northway Financial, Inc.
Northway Financial, Inc., headquartered in North Conway, New Hampshire, is a bank holding company. Through its subsidiary bank, Northway Bank, the Company offers a broad range of financial products and services to individuals, businesses and the public sector from its 16 full-service banking offices and its loan production offices located in Bedford and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Statements included in this press release that are not historical or current fact are “forward-looking statements” made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from historical earnings and those presently anticipated or projected. Northway Financial, Inc. disclaims any obligation to subsequently revise any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of such statements, or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated or unanticipated events or circumstances.
Chief Financial Officer