CHICAGO, Oct. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Seed CX, which through its subsidiaries offers a licensed exchange for institutional trading and settlement of spot digital asset products and plans to offer a market for CFTC-regulated digital asset derivatives, today announced its slate of public directors for subsidiaries Zero Hash, Seed SEF and Seed Digital Securities Market.
Seed CX’s public directors are made up of experienced market professionals who are well-versed in governance, trading and operations.
“Seed CX aims to be the premier institutional exchange for trading digital assets, and it is effective governance, perhaps more than any other area, that will be critical to attracting that customer base,” said Seed CX CEO Edward Woodford. “The breadth and experience of the team we have put together, from our recently introduced management team to this impressive and diverse set of public board members, demonstrates the continued strengthening of our leadership.”
At Zero Hash, Seed CX’s settlement subsidiary, the public directors are:
- Julie Myers-Wood – CEO, Guidepost Solutions; Former Assistant Secretary, Department of Homeland Security; Former Special Assistant to the President, Executive Office of the President, White House; Former Chief of Staff, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
- Kathleen Camilli – Economist, Camilli Economics; Former Chief U.S. Economist, Credit Suisse Asset Management.
At Seed SEF, Seed CX’s CFTC-regulated swaps execution facility subsidiary, the public directors are:
- John D’Agostino – Chair of the U.S. Asset Management Working Group, Department for International Trade; Former Director, Hedge and Private Equity Fund Consulting, KPMG Advisory; Former Head of Strategy, New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Robert ‘Bob’ Paul – Former General Counsel, Commodity Futures Trading Commission; Former General Counsel, OneChicago, LLC; Former Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Philadelphia Stock Exchange.
At Seed Digital Securities Market, which is seeking approval to become a broker-dealer in order to list security assets, the public director is:
- Cynthia Meyn – Chief Operating Officer, Venable; Former Executive Vice President, Operations, PIMCO; Former Securities & Operations Committee Member, Investment Company Institute; Former Member of the Board of Directors, DTCC.
“I am very excited to serve as a public director for Seed CX’s Zero Hash settlement subsidiary,” said Julie Myers-Wood. “Seed CX’s team recognizes that as institutions evaluate digital asset exchanges, they place great value on knowing that their interests are being looked out for. I look forward to my work with Zero Hash as a public director, helping ensure that Seed CX provides institutions with a safe, reliable and sustainable market for trading and managing digital asset portfolios.”
About Seed CX
Seed CX is a Chicago-based licensed digital asset exchange, which through its subsidiaries offers a market for institutional trading and settlement of spot digital assets, and plans to offer a separate market for CFTC-regulated derivatives. Seed CX is backed by Bain Capital Ventures. Other investors include: trading firms CMT Digital, Queueco, Tetras Capital, BlueFire Capital; well-respected digital asset investing companies, including F2Pool, QCP, Konza Ventures, Origin Capital, Dekrypt Capital, OKCoin USA and Divergence Digital Currency Fund; and investment bank XMS Capital. Seed CX’s Board is composed of co-founders Edward Woodford and Brian Liston, and lead Series A investor Adam B. Struck from Divergence Digital Currency Fund. Salil Deshpande from Bain Capital is on the Board as an Observer.
Zero Hash is a FinCen regulated Money Service Business and Money Transmitter in over 21 States. Zero Hash currently also has a pending BitLicense with NYDFS. Zero Hash custodies both fiat and digital assets, with on-chain settlement.
Seed SEF is a CFTC regulated Swap Execution Facility (SEF) that plans to offer a market for CFTC-regulated digital asset derivatives.
Seed Digital Securities Market is pending registration as a Broker Dealer with FINRA.
Media Contact: Josh Inglis, firstname.lastname@example.org, (312) 504-7677