AUBURN, Ky., July 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Pet Lovers want the best for their furry companions — that’s why CHAMPION Petfoods is building on its 25-year heritage of offering fresh, locally sourced, nourishing ingredients by expanding its lineup of ACANA Heritage dog food. Four new ACANA Heritage flavors join the existing three flavors in providing a balance of 60 percent premium animal ingredients and 40 percent vegetables, fruits and botanicals. ACANA Heritage foods are designed to be Biologically Appropriate, nourishing dogs by following their ancestral diet of rich and varied fresh meats with smaller amounts of fruits and vegetables.
Featuring a nutrient-dense lineup of free-run duck, wild boar, rabbit, wild-caught fish and other fresh meat, all seven ACANA Heritage flavors are exclusively prepared with locally sourced ingredients in CHAMPION’S s Kentucky DogStar® Kitchens.
The four new ACANA Heritage flavors are:
- ACANA Feast – made with fresh free-run duck, turkey and quail.
- ACANA Paleo – made with fresh wild boar, turkey and rabbit.
- ACANA Light & Fit – made with fresh free-run chicken, turkey and wild-caught fish.
- ACANA Puppy & Junior – made especially for puppies with fresh free-run turkey, chicken, wild-caught fish and nest-laid eggs.
The original three ACANA Heritage flavors are:
- ACANA Free-Run Poultry – made with free-run chicken, turkey and nest-laid eggs.
- ACANA Freshwater Fish – made with fresh rainbow trout, blue catfish and yellow perch.
- ACANA Red Meat – made with angus beef, Yorkshire pork and grass-fed lamb.
“ACANA Heritage foods are created especially for Pet Lovers looking to provide unique flavors and great taste experiences for their dogs. Nourishing with Biologically Appropriate protein from a diversity of animal ingredients, each bag of ACANA Heritage provides peak health for your dog,” said Julie Washington, chief marketing officer at Champion Petfoods. “The new Heritage recipes celebrate our 25-year tradition of featuring Fresh Regional Ingredients grown close to home by farmers, ranchers and fishermen we know and trust – all prepared exclusively in our own kitchens.”
The new ACANA Heritage foods are available at specialty pet retailers nationwide – to find a local retailer visit https://acana.com/usa/where-to-buy/.
About Champion Petfoods
Champion Petfoods is an award-winning pet food maker with a reputation of trust spanning more than 25 years. Its ORIJEN and ACANA brands feature unmatched inclusions of Fresh Regional Ingredients and are made exclusively in Champion’s own kitchens. Founded in the small town of Barrhead, Alberta, Champion now exports to more than 85 countries around the world. To learn more, visit championpetfoods.com.