ANAHEIM, Calif., May 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — FireMon, the leader in network security policy management, today unveiled its Immediate Insight Threat Hunting application for the Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE:PANW) Application Framework. Immediate Insight is Firemon’s big data solution for analyzing, investigating and automating threat detection and response. Optimized for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, the new Immediate Insight Threat Hunting app accelerates threat discovery and analysis by simplifying the integration of data available from the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework into the threat hunting process.
Consuming cybersecurity innovations has become an arduous process. Organizations waste time deploying new sensors every time they want to collect a new piece of data and managing point products rather than improving security controls to stay ahead of attackers. The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework makes it easy to add new security capabilities quickly and efficiently. The framework extends the capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform, with a suite of APIs that developers can use to connect innovative apps with rich data, threat intelligence and enforcement points. Organizations gain immediate security value from apps developed by an open ecosystem of trusted innovators.
Threat Hunting is the human-driven process of proactively and iteratively searching through network, server, endpoint, application and other datasets to detect and isolate malicious, suspicious or high-risk activities that evade existing security solutions. The Immediate Insight Threat Hunting app for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework is an analytics-enabled investigation and data discovery platform that enables IT teams to accelerate discovery of the unknown in the data. Immediate Insight leverages machine learning, natural language, and social media concepts and workflows to enable threat hunters and security teams to be ten times more efficient in working with structured and unstructured data, spanning public and private cloud.
- “Security teams worldwide rely on FireMon to automate and simplify security management and operations. We look forward to extending the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework value to these customers moving forward by providing their security operations teams with a powerful joint solution for identifying and eradicating previously undiscovered threats.”
- Jeff Barker, vice president of product management, FireMon
- “We are delighted to welcome FireMon to the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework developer community. The framework provides our customers with superior security through cloud-based apps developed by innovative security providers, large and small. Together, we are fueling innovation in the cybersecurity market with apps that are built rapidly, engineered on a common framework, and deliver unique value while solving our customers’ toughest security challenges.”
- Lee Klarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
- FireMon will demonstrate the Immediate Insight Threat Hunting solution for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework in booth #514 at the Palo Alto Networks Ignite Conference, May 21-24. General availability will coincide with the release of The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework.
- The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework is targeted for availability in August 2018 and will be available worldwide to customers who have purchased either Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls or Traps advanced endpoint protection and the Logging Service subscription.
The FireMon platform delivers continuous security for hybrid enterprises through a powerful fusion of vulnerability management, continuous compliance and orchestration. Since creating the first-ever network security management solution 15 years ago, FireMon solutions have continued to deliver visibility into and control over complex network security infrastructure, policies and risk for more than 1,500 customers around the world. For more information or a free 30-day trial, visit www.firemon.com.
About Palo Alto Networks
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Three Rings Inc.