ANDOVER, Mass. , March 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mercury Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:MRCY) (www.mrcy.com) today announced the RESmini XR6, its next-generation rugged mini server featuring the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable (Skylake) Processors. The RESmini, part of Mercury’s EnterpriseSeries™ product line, comes bundled with a new FAA compliant power case and can operate independently for two hours without a power source.
“We’ve been listening carefully to our customers who’ve consistently expressed the need for IT infrastructure more suitable for expeditionary operations,” said Michael Schneider, Vice President of Mercury’s Trusted Mission Solutions group (formerly Themis Computer). “The RESmini XR6 is a very small, environmentally resilient, enterprise-class server. When combined with the FAA compliant, RESmini Carry-On Power™ Case, operators can fly with the RESmini in a commercial aircraft’s overhead bin and operate it in virtually any power environment.”
RESmini XR6 Highlights
- A Data Center in a Briefcase: The RESmini XR6 delivers high performance in a reliable briefcase size package. The system embeds an Intel Xeon Scalable Processor with twenty-eight cores, and 240TB of storage in a lightweight, portable chassis that runs on either AC or DC power. Intel AVX-512, additional cores, a 50% increase in memory channels, and 20% more PCIe lanes accelerate workloads and maximize performance.
- Designed to be on the Move: Only 4″ (10.2cm) high, 13.5″ (34.3cm) wide, and 11″ (27.8cm) deep, the 15lb RESmini minimizes size, weight, and power (SWaP) requirements. 10Gbe ports, expansion slots, multiple I/O, and eight swappable drives offer operators maximum configuration versatility for current and future operations.
- Operation in the Most Stringent Environments: The RESmini can operate in 0°C to +50°C temperatures, with greater temperature extremes available for special configurations. Advanced thermal and mechanical design features deliver superior resilience to shock, vibration, dust, sand, and temperature extremes. The system meets MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-901D, and MIL-STD-167-1 specifications.
For applications that require autonomous operation, the RESmini can be fully integrated within a FAA Carry-On Compliant UPS Power Case. Designed by Acumentrics, the system delivers versatile power in a rugged, lightweight, and portable case.
“The RESmini Carry-On Power Case System is designed to be completely autonomous and flexible,” said Steve Corbesero, Senior VP for Sales and Marketing at Acumentrics. “The system automatically adjusts to the AC power on hand and will even run on a 12/28 volt DC power source commonly found on an aircraft, military vehicle, or light commercial vehicle.”
RESmini Power Case Features:
- Designed for the field: The entire RESmini power case system weighs 47 lbs and features a 4″x11″x14″ internal electronic bay that can power the RESmini along with other small electronics. The Military standard waterproof casing is molded out of high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin that resists UV, solvent, corrosion, fungus, and impact damage. A patented trigger release latch system and an automatic ambient pressure equalization valve along with a lockable lid enhance security on the field.
- Dense embedded power: The power case provides over 100 minutes of autonomous run-time for typical operations and can be powered by both AC (100-240V, 47-400Hz) and DC (10-30V) power. This ensures operation across a multitude of global voltages and frequencies as well as inside a vehicle. The case can also be powered by standard military batteries. Optional hot swappable battery packs that increase run time are available.
- Built-in Safety: The system is designed to meet UN-DOT 38.3 for FAA compliance. A fail-safe battery disconnect prevents battery drainage and ensures safety during transport. Wheels, retractable handles, and cushioned grips assure smooth transport for mission-critical operations on the move.
The new RESmini XR6 Carry-On Power Case System will be showcased next week at the AUSA Global Force Symposium, Booth 1200A, in Huntsville, Ala.
For more information about the RESmini XR6 please visit: https://tms.mrcy.com/mini.
Mercury Systems – Innovation That Matters™
Mercury Systems (NASDAQ:MRCY) is a leading commercial provider of secure sensor and safety-critical processing subsystems. Optimized for customer and mission success, Mercury’s solutions power a wide variety of critical defense and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., Mercury is pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry’s current and emerging technology needs. To learn more, visit www.mrcy.com.
Forward-Looking Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements, as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including those relating to the acquisition described herein. You can identify these statements by the use of the words “may,” “will,” “could,” “should,” “would,” “plans,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “continue,” “estimate,” “project,” “intend,” “likely,” “forecast,” “probable,” “potential,” and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or anticipated. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, continued funding of defense programs, the timing and amounts of such funding, general economic and business conditions, including unforeseen weakness in the Company’s markets, effects of any U.S. Federal government shutdown or extended continuing resolution, effects of continued geopolitical unrest and regional conflicts, competition, changes in technology and methods of marketing, delays in completing engineering and manufacturing programs, changes in customer order patterns, changes in product mix, continued success in technological advances and delivering technological innovations, changes in, or in the U.S. Government’s interpretation of, federal export control or procurement rules and regulations, market acceptance of the Company’s products, shortages in components, production delays due to performance quality issues with outsourced components, inability to fully realize the expected benefits from acquisitions and restructurings, or delays in realizing such benefits, challenges in integrating acquired businesses and achieving anticipated synergies, changes to cyber-security regulations and requirements, changes in tax rates or tax regulations, changes to generally accepted accounting principles, difficulties in retaining key employees and customers, unanticipated costs under fixed-price service and system integration engagements, and various other factors beyond our control. These risks and uncertainties also include such additional risk factors as are discussed in the Company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2017. The Company cautions readers not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which such statement is made.
Robert McGrail, Director of Corporate Communications
Mercury Systems, Inc.
+1 978-967-1366 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercury Systems and Innovation That Matters are trademarks of Mercury Systems, Inc. Carry-On Power is a trademark of Acumentrics, Inc. Intel and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corp. Other product and company names mentioned may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/a5f43e91-cd84-489c-8846-ba48fc8b0878