LJUBLJANA, Slovenia, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Content creators in the entertainment world are saying goodbye to traditional ad-based platforms and hello to Viewly, a new decentralized video platform that allows creators the freedom to monetize their work.
Viewly uses blockchain technology to disrupt the traditional advertising-based models, which prevent many creators from being able to monetize their content. YouTube recently changed its rules and will require creators to have at least 1,000 subscribers with 4,000 hours of view time over the past 12 months in order to be in their advertising program; and those that can advertise still have to give up 45 percent of the revenue.
Viewly utilizes the blockchain and peer-to-peer video sharing technology to eliminate the need for ads. Creators have endless ways to monetize their content, including fan patronage, micro-payments, sponsorships, memberships, premium content and more to monetize their content – even those with relatively small audiences. Smart contracts allow for payments that are instant, trustless and permissionless.
Viewly, which raised nearly $8 million in the private pre-sale portion of its ICO, is adding a flood of new creators to its team, including:
- Jay Ferguson, International Emmy and Canadian Screen Awards winner and creator of the web series Guidestones
- Michael Matteo Rossi, a ten-year veteran Hollywood veteran who most recently released the feature film “Sable” through Lionsgate Entertainment
- WavemStudios co-founder Steven Fletcher
- Filmmaker Mobeen Azhar, a BAFTA award winner
- Kenneth Bright Jr. of Fantasy Soft Entertainment, which features production and voiceover talent from Dragonball Z, Pokémon and more
- Nick Nimmin, Viewly’s first in-house instructional video partner
- The Juice Media, political satirists and creators of the viral Honest Net Neutrality Ad video
- Charity Right, an international emergency food giving program starting their own in-house studio of ex-Al Jazeera filmmakers to tell their stories
- The band Erik and the Worldly Savages, a sleeper hit and underground ethno-punk fashion band
“We’ve built Viewly as a platform that centers around talent, not just popularity,” said Stefan Furlan, Director of Viewly. “We’re a midpoint between YouTube and Netflix where creators can build revenue streams without having to first build a massive audience.”
“As a creator, I can sign sponsorship deals that are in line with the interests of my fan base, with no middlemen involved,” said Kenneth Bright Jr., CEO and founder of Fantasy Soft Entertainment. “I get to make and keep more of my money – and do it right off the bat. I don’t need 100,000 subscribers or millions of views!”
More than 4,000 people applied to Viewly’s whitelist, highlighting interest in the company’s potential to disrupt the ad-based model for video platforms.
Viewly’s public token sale is now live and runs for 30 days or until the hard cap of $12 million has been reached. The minimum contribution is 0.1 ETH.
For more information on Viewly or to download the whitepaper, visit https://view.ly/.
Learn more about the advantages for creators at http://viewly.wpengine.com/.
Viewly is a decentralized video platform, powered by blockchain and peer-to-peer video sharing. It eliminates the need for ads by utilizing the patronage model, allowing creators to use fan support, micro-payments, sponsorships, memberships, premium content and more to monetize their content. Viewly aims to provide sustainable revenue for all creators, not just mainstream content producers. The Viewly platform uses decentralized hosting networks built on top of peer-to-peer technology to allow anyone with extra storage capacity and bandwidth to host and stream videos. Smart contracts make for payments are instant, trustless and permissionless.
Uproar PR for Viewly