Boulder, Colo., Nov. 14, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Boomtown Accelerator’s innovative “Entrepreneur First” model will be on full display tonight as members of its Fall 2017 cohort present their companies to a sold-out Boulder Theater at its ninth Demo Day. The cohort entrepreneurs will present companies in various segments, including financial tech, advertising tech, health tech and education tech.
The eight participating teams will pitch their companies at the Boulder Theater tonight at 6 p.m.
“Boomtown’s singular goal is to support entrepreneurs in building great companies,” said Toby Krout, co-founder and executive director of Boomtown. “Each of these eight companies have completed a challenging 12-week development program, and we believe every one has come out stronger and better prepared to run a business.”
Boomtown’s Fall 2017 cohort is:
- ChargaCard: A store-issued credit card for online stores that allows customers to pay in installments directly to the company, instead of a third party, empowering online stores to build a financial relationship directly with customers.
- DiagnosisAI: An artificial intelligence platform that assists doctors by guiding patients through medical issues by providing reminders, answers to questions, diagnoses and recommended treatments while helping doctors maximize reimbursements.
- Fanboard: An augmented reality solution for live sports and entertainment fans— like those attending a game or concert — that provides revolutionary experiences and unprecedented engagement opportunities for marketers.
- Hygge Power: An advanced home battery/energy system that responds to energy market fluctuations, service interruptions and smart home devices, providing safety, security and cost savings to consumers and utility companies.
- Simor: A monetized, highly-engaging academic platform where more than 30,000 students, teachers and tutors connect and exchange valuable knowledge.
- True Sync Media: Connects great brands and great people at the point of sale. True Sync unlocks the hidden advertising potential of TVs in public places everywhere.
- Welto: A service that allows cryptocurrency users to pay their bills with cryptocurrency, so that they have a direct way to spend their digital money on real goods and services.
- Yaguara: A growth management platform for business that aligns your team behind goals, allows simple permissioning of data to measure performance in real time and delivers insights from your most-important data so that you can learn rapidly and make better decisions.
Boomtown’s primary focus is on the entrepreneur and leading them to future success. The accelerator partners with very early-stage startups and during the three-month cohort, works with them on their business concept, development and finances before culminating on Demo Day. Two teams working in the connected device and connectivity space (Hygge Power and Fanboard) are involved in this cohort through the partnership with UpRamp.
Boomtown will be live tweeting the event using #gofromhere. Boomtown is always evaluating applications for its flagship accelerator program in Boulder. These programs include partnerships with UpRamp, part of CableLabs, and the development of a patient-centric health track with the National Health Council. Additionally, The Farm accelerator, based in Atlanta in partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal, is currently accepting applications for its first cohort. For more information or to apply, please go to BoomtownAccelerator.com.
Based in Boulder, Colo., Boomtown aims to discover and support promising companies in a variety of fields including health tech, internet, mobile, connectivity, software and “internet of things” (IoT) startups. Boomtown’s goal is not simply to provide the shortest distance between an idea and funding, but instead to support entrepreneurs in building great companies. Currently in its ninth cohort, Boomtown has invested in 77 companies since its founding in 2014. Of those, 85 percent are in operation and 88 percent are generating revenue. For more information, visit www.BoomtownAccelerator.com.
# # #
CONTACT: Bill Rigler email@example.com 917-415-0612