Redwood City, June 20, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 20, 2017–
- Supports GDPR compliance efforts through integrated and intelligent governance solutions
- Powers holistic enterprise data governance and compliance by making data easy to access, understand and use, across the enterprise
- Leverages CLAIRE Engine – intelligence built into the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform
Informatica®, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader accelerating data-driven digital transformation, today announced Informatica Data Governance & Compliance for GDPR, the industry’s first governance solution designed specifically to support customers on their journey to GDPR compliance.
In May 2018, the European Union’s GDPR becomes effective, enhancing protection of personal data. This regulation could have significant impact for organizations and how they manage data pertaining to customers, consumers, partners, staff and other ‘data subjects’ with some potentially very large penalties for violations.
Informatica Data Governance & Compliance is the only solution available that engages the business, IT and data security teams in governing data of all types – cloud, on-premises, and big data anywhere– across the entire enterprise to help customers with GDPR compliance efforts.
“GDPR poses many challenges, but it also has the potential to result in opportunities around the use of data in an organization,” said Amit Walia, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica. “Organizations must take a holistic and automated approach to governance and compliance to help maximize the potential opportunity. To help enterprises with GDPR compliance, Informatica has brought together the most comprehensive governance and compliance package available, empowering all constituents from non-technical business users to IT to effectively collaborate and govern data, across the enterprise.”
Integrated, Holistic and Intelligent
Informatica Data Governance & Compliance for GDPR is comprised of an integrated set of innovative, intelligent products that are all recognized leaders in their respective spaces.
To implement a comprehensive GDPR program, companies need to discover, assess and govern their in-scope data. Informatica helps organizations do this with:
- Informatica Secure@Source® discovers, assesses, analyzes, and visually maps in-scope sensitive data wherever it resides, detects and scores potential risk, and orchestrates remediation across sensitive structured and unstructured data stores across the enterprise.
- Informatica Axon defines and governs in-scope data by engaging all constituencies, technical and business, from data owners to the chief data officer, to effectively govern an organization’s data and encourage collaboration. This holistic enterprise-wide view of in-scope data for GDPR compliance is integral to optimally managing data assets.
- Informatica Enterprise Information Catalog provides a machine learning-based engine that automatically scans and catalogs data assets across the enterprise, and indexes them for enterprise-wide discovery for the foundation of supporting GDPR initiatives.
In addition, Informatica offers other products that can assist in data compliance issues: data masking to prevent unauthorized access to automatically remove or hide data subject information; a master data management solution to provide the foundation for a 360 view of personal data and all the associated consents and a central point to enact subject rights; a data quality solution to ensure relevant, timely and trustworthy data; a data archive solution to purge data if a data subject wants personal information removed.
Each of these products is built on top of the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform, which uses the CLAIRE EngineÔ for metadata-driven Artificial Intelligence to provide automation and personalized recommendations that boost user productivity, accelerate the implementation of data governance programs, and drive ongoing operational efficiency to comply with complex and dynamic regulatory requirements.
Specific benefits of Informatica Data Governance and Compliance include the ability to:
- Address the full spectrum of data governance requirements with an integrated, intelligent, highly automated solution.
- Drive collaboration between business and technical staff to meet governance goals.
- Govern data for any use case, user and deployment type, including cloud, on-premises, hybrid and big data environments.
- Quickly spot, monitor and protect sensitive data across all data types.
- Visibility to sensitive data risks and detection of anomalous activities using machine learning and quickly act on them.
- Introduce automation into data masking to reduce risk of personal data exposure and help ensure that personal data is not proliferated without suitable protection.
- Reduce risk with a single view of data subjects and manage consent.
Tweet this: News: Informatica Data Governance & Compliance discovers, governs and manages data for GDPR http://infa.media/pr170620a #DataGovernance
Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities and invent new things that lead to intelligent market disruptions. With over 7,000 customers worldwide, Informatica is the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Note: Informatica, Intelligent Data Platform, Secure@Source, and CLAIRE Engine are registered trademarks or trademarks of Informatica in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
The information provided herein is subject to change without notice. In addition, the development, release and timing of any product or functionality described today remain at the sole discretion of Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision, nor as a representation, warranty or commitment to deliver specific products or functionality in the future.
CONTACT: Maureen O’Connell Informatica +1 650 385 4022 - office +1 408 679 0648 - mobile email@example.com Shira Frantzich Informatica +1 650 385 5674 - office firstname.lastname@example.org