RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., March 20, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:KOOL), a market leader in automated cell processing and point-of-care, autologous cell-based therapies, today announced the publication in a peer reviewed journal of data from its Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI) feasibility study utilizing the Company’s innovative point-of-care technology. The report was published in the “Stem Cells International” and is available online at https://www.hindawi.com/journals/sci/2017/4137626/ref/.
Results from the seventeen patient clinical study titled, “Safety and Effectiveness of Bone Marrow Cell Concentrate in the Treatment of Chronic Critical Limb Ischemia Utilizing a Rapid Point-of-Care System”, (the “Study”) were obtained using Cesca’s automated point-of-care technology. The single treatment procedure was performed at the patient’s bedside and took less than 60 minutes. The Study results showed significant improvement in wound healing, rest pain and six-minute walking distance, along with significant reduction in intermittent claudication pain following the treatment.
Dr. Venkatesh Ponemone, Study Director and Executive Director of TotipotentRX, a Cesca subsidiary and the corresponding author of the article commented, “We are targeting difficult to treat or life threatening conditions such as CLI with our autologous, cell-based therapies. We believe our innovative point-of-care cell processing systems, such as those used in the Study, can play an important role in optimizing the quality and quantity of target cells used to improve patient outcomes.”
Dr. Xiaochun “Chris” Xu, Cesca’s Interim CEO added, “We are pleased that the Study was recognized and published in a peer reviewed journal. The encouraging data highlights Cesca’s capability to develop effective automated cellular processing systems. We welcome strategic partners to help us further refine their use in larger clinical settings.”
About Cesca Therapeutics Inc.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (www.cescatherapeutics.com) is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of cellular therapies and delivery systems for use in regenerative medicine. The Company is a leader in the development and manufacture of automated blood and bone marrow processing systems that enable the separation, processing and preservation of cell and tissue therapeutics. These include:
- The SurgWerks™ System (in development) – a proprietary system comprised of the SurgWerks Processing Platform, including devices and analytics, and indication-specific SurgWerks Procedure Kits for use in regenerative stem cell therapy at the point-of-care for vascular and orthopedic diseases.
- The CellWerks™ System (in development) – a proprietary cell processing system with associated analytics for intra-laboratory preparation of adult stem cells from bone marrow or blood.
- The AXP® System – a proprietary automated device and companion sterile disposable for concentrating hematopoietic stem cells from cord blood.
- The MXP® System – a proprietary automated device and companion sterile disposable for the isolation and concentration of hematopoietic stem cells from bone marrow.
- The BioArchive® System – an automated cryogenic device used by cord blood banks for the cryopreservation and storage of cord blood stem cell concentrate for future use.
- Manual bag sets for use in the processing and cryogenic storage of cord blood.
The statements contained herein may include statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements that are based on management’s current views and assumptions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. A more complete description of risks that could cause actual events to differ from the outcomes predicted by Cesca Therapeutics’ forward-looking statements is set forth under the caption “Risk Factors” in Cesca Therapeutics annual report on Form 10-K and other reports it files with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, and you should consider each of those factors when evaluating the forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: Company Contact: Cesca Therapeutics Inc. email@example.com Investor Contact: The Ruth Group Lee Roth / Tram Bui 646-536-7012 / 7035 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com