San Francisco, Oct. 29, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Global Agricultural Films Market size is anticipated to reach USD 10.5 billion by 2020, as per a new research report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Increasing need to raise agricultural productivity, in order to meet surplus demand by growing population is anticipated to drive growth. Limited arable land coupled with challenges to produce crops rich in nutrition is also likely to drive agricultural films market demand. Introduction to new improved farming techniques in the recent years may play a key role in industry development. Recyclability & environment issues attributed in these films are expected to restrict industry growth as they mainly contain synthetic polyethylene as raw material.
LLDPE (Linear Low-Density Polyethylene) was the leading raw material segment, accounting over 55% of total demand in 2013. LLDPE is likely to witness high growth rates over the forecast period owing to flexibility & moisture blocking properties coupled with cost attractiveness over other raw materials. Linear Density Polyethylene (LDPE) occupied the second largest market share and is likely to witness moderate growth rates with an estimated CAGR of 5.8% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Agricultural Films Market Size, Applications, Report 2020” is available now to Radiant Insights customers and can also be purchased directly at
Key report insights suggest:
- Global agricultural films market size was estimated at 4.65 million tons in 2013 and may reach 6.9 million tons by 2022 growing with an estimated CAGR of 6.0% from 2014 to 2020.
- Mulching applications dominated the industry, with over 44% demand share in 2013 and is expected to witness steady growth rates up to 2020.
- Greenhouse applications are expected to witness maximum gains, at an estimated CAGR of 6.1% from 2014 to 2020. Growth in horticulture & floriculture industry coupled with uncertainty in weather conditions is expected to drive demand for greenhouse applications.
- China dominated the regional industry and accounted for 61.8% of the total demand in 2013. It is also expected to be the fastest growing region owing to increasing crop cultivation demand for meeting domestic needs and provide export opportunities for Asian and European countries. Europe is expected to witness moderate growth rates with an estimated CAGR of 5.7% up to 2020.
- Highly fragmented agricultural films industry consists of large scale & SME manufacturers particularly in China and other Asia Pacific countries such as Thailand, India and Indonesia. Key companies include British Polymer, Troplast, Group Barbier and ExxonMobil. Other prominent companies include Britton Group, Armando Alvarez, Novamont, BASF and Kuraray.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/plastics
Global Agricultural Films Raw Materials Overview (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
Global Agricultural Films Applications Overview (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Green House
Global Agricultural Films Regional Overview (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Central & South America
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Global Glycerol Market –
- Global Microcontroller Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519