Albany – NY, Oct. 20, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — GBI Research, a leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research report,””Asthma Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 Personalized Treatment for Severe Asthma to Drive Market Growth despite Patent Expirations””.The asthma therapeutics market is forecast to grow marginally over the forecast period across the top eight developed nations, from $18.4 billion in 2013 to a projected value of $21.7 billion by 2020 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.4%.
This is in spite of generic erosion facing several of the leading asthma brands, such as Advair (fluticasone propionate/salmeterol xinafoate), Symbicort (budesonide/formoterol fumarate) and Xolair (omalizumab), and is a consequence of new market entrants and rising disease prevalence.
The global prevalence of asthma is significant, believed to affect approximately 300 million people worldwide. This burden is predicted to increase in future, reaching 400 million by 2025.
Get Sample Research Report:
Although the majority of asthma patients are able to manage their symptoms effectively using currently marketed products, some remain inadequately controlled with these same products. This unmet need, coupled with rising global prevalence, has resulted in strong industry interest.
Consequently, the current asthma pipeline is highly innovative, featuring several promising molecules in late-stage drug development. Biologics and monoclonal antibodies, the latter in particular, are gaining prominence within the indication. Novel monoclonal antibodies such as mepolizumab, reslizumab, lebrikizumab, and dupilumab target Interleukins (IL), or IL receptors, and have demonstrated potential in severe and inadequately controlled eosinophilic asthma, in turn representing a shift towards personalized therapy. Despite the fact that they target only a small patient sub-set, they are likely to be priced highly and to drive market growth, offsetting the impact of generic erosion.
Browse full report at:
The report covers and includes
- An introduction to asthma, including discussion of disease epidemiology, etiology pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment, with clinical data for drugs featured in the current treatment algorithm discussed in detail
- In-depth analysis of the current marketed products landscape, including product profiles of the main drugs used and heat maps that compare their safety and efficacy parameters
- Comprehensive analysis of the asthma pipeline by phase of development, molecule type, and molecular target and novelty, and comparative analysis of the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs, as well as heat maps and a competitor matrix that compares safety and efficacy parameters
- Additional in-depth analysis of the asthma clinical trials landscape, including trends in size, duration and failure rate
- Forecast projections for the asthma market to 2020, including analysis of the global market and each of the eight major markets and incorporating projected, low, and high-variance scenarios based on treatment usage patterns and annual cost of therapy in each of the major markets
- Discussion of the strategic consolidations landscape, including trends in co-development and licensing deals relevant to asthma drug products
Browse all reports of this category at:
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz’s service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.
CONTACT: Mr. Nachiket Ghumare State Tower, 90 State Street, Suite 700, Albany NY - 12207 United States Tel: +1-518-621-2074 USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948 Website: http://www.researchmoz.us/