San Francisco, Oct. 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Global amino acids market size is anticipated to be valued at USD 35.4 billion by 2022, as per a new research report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Increase in animal feed additive demand owing to regulate metabolism in livestock production owing to growing meat consumption is expected to drive the market. Shift in trend towards dietary supplements consumption for protein intake coupled with rising health consciousness among consumers is likely to surge amino acids demand.
Growing artificial sweeteners demand from food & beverages industry owing to low calorie content in the form of aspartame derived from l-aspartic & phenylaniline acid may drive the market. Increasing application scope in pharmaceuticals as buffering agents is expected to have a positive influence on demand. Tight supply of raw materials such as corn, soybean and wheat is expected to challenge industry growth.
L-glutamic acid was the leading product segment with a market share of over 40% in 2014. The l-glutamic acid market revenue exceeded USD 8.5 billion in 2014, owing to flavor enhancing and pH regulation properties in food & beverages. Tryptophan is expected to witness significant growth rates with an estimated CAGR of 18.0% up to 2022.
The report “Amino Acids Market Size & Research Report, 2022” is available now to Radiant Insights customers and can also be purchased directly at
Key report insights suggest:
- Global amino acids was estimated at 6.58 million tons in 2014 and is expected to register 10.1 million tons by 2022 growing with an estimated CAGR of 5.6% from 2015 to 2022.
- Asia Pacific dominated the regional demand with an estimated market share of 49.4% in 2014. Increasing meat consumption coupled with growing per-capita disposable income in countries such as India and China are expected to have positive influence in regional demand. Europe is expected to witness below average growth rates of 4.4% from 2015 to 2022.
- Animal feed application dominated the demand with an estimated market share of 52.5% in 2014. Lysine, methionine, threonine and tryptophan are majorly used as ingredients in animal feed additives for livestock production. Food & dietary supplements are likely to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% up to 2022.
- Plant source dominated the raw material segment and accounted for 86.0% of the demand in 2014. Animal based raw materials such as fish silage is expected to witness below average growth rates of 4.0% up to 2022 owing to ban on meat & bone meal in European regions.
- Moderately consolidated amino acids industry consists of MNCs and local manufactures present are different levels in value chain. Key companies include Ajinomoto, Novus, Prinova, DSM, Cargill and Evonik. Some of the fully integrated companies such as DSM and Kemin Europa utilizes plant based raw material such as soymeal.
For the purpose of this study, Radiant Insights has segmented the Amino Acids Market on the basis of application and region:
Global Amino Acids Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- L-Glutamate (L-Glutamic Acid)
Global Amino Acids Source Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Plant based
- Animal based
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Amino Acids Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Animal Feed
- Food & dietary supplements
Global Amino Acids Regional Outlook (Volume Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
- Global Interactive Textiles Market –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-interactive-textiles-market-research-report-2015
- Global DVD-R Market –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-dvd-r-market-research-report-2015
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519