TEL AVIV, Israel, Oct. 7, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Wix.com Ltd. (Nasdaq:WIX), the leading global web development platform, announced today the launch of its new, completely redesigned website editor. With a unique and highly intuitive user interface, industry first features, integrated functionality, designer-made website templates and hundreds of pre-designed components, the Wix Editor sets a new standard in code-free web design providing users with a tailored experience designed to fit their business niche. Offering a highly visual and fun design experience, the new Wix Editor streamlines the learning curve and lets any user successfully create and publish the website they envision.
This is the company’s first full redesign of its cloud-based web editing software since launching the industry’s first do-it-yourself HTML5 Editor in 2012. The new Wix Editor further solidifies Wix’s technology leadership by setting a new global standard in code-free and accessible website design and management.
“Recognizing that today’s Internet users expect a personalized, intuitive and multi-faceted experience, we’ve created the industry’s most comprehensive code-free editing software for creating a professional online presence,” said Avishai Abrahami, Wix Co-Founder and CEO. “Based on the user’s business category, the new Editor provides a tailored experience, where the features and capabilities most needed are at their fingertips. This isn’t just a product improvement, it’s a leap in what the market has come to expect from code-free platforms.”
Some of the industry-leading code-free features include:
- Full screen strip layouts – Containing multiple design elements such as video, image galleries, text and more, these horizontal strips help split up the page into clear sections, allowing for stylistic variation. True to Wix’s drag and drop technology, these strip containers can be edited and repositioned anywhere.
- Full page video background – Users can upload their own videos or choose from Wix’s free video background library to easily set up an eye-catching video background for their websites. Unique to the Wix Editor, all video backgrounds, whether full page or on a strip, can be customized by layering any design element, such as pattern overlays and color palettes, included in the Editor.
- Single click Parallax effect – A first for code-free platforms, users can now give their website an added layer of dimension by adding a parallax scrolling effect with just single click.
- Anchor menus and docking elements – Essential but not exclusive to long scrolling websites, Wix users can effortlessly create a smooth website navigation experience by utilizing Wix’s new anchor menus and element docking feature.
- Personalization and tailored features – Based on the users’ profile, the Wix Editor will suggest design and business elements from both the Editor and the Wix App Market to give users the guidance necessary to create the most effective possible sites.
- Verticalized templates – Dedicated templates built with business in mind and utilizing new design capabilities allowing users to more readily input key features while maintaining pure a drag and drop interface.
- Contextual in-Editor support – The New Wix Editor provides users with intelligent and curated support throughout the design process without ever having to leave the Editor.
The new Wix Editor is based on a complete restructuring of the platform’s codebase developed using Facebook’s React technology. Offering a significantly leaner codebase, better modularization and improved testability, this new technology enables Wix to roll out features previously unseen in the code-free web design sector with unprecedented speed.
To watch the new Wix Editor demo video please visit: https://youtu.be/4vUliL9ZL84
About Wix.com Ltd.
Wix.com is a leading cloud-based web development platform with over 72 million registered users worldwide. Wix was founded on the belief that the Internet should be accessible to everyone to develop, create and contribute. Through free and premium subscriptions, Wix empowers millions of businesses, organizations, professionals and individuals to take their businesses, brands and workflow online. The Wix Editor and highly curated App Market enable users to build and manage a fully integrated and dynamic digital presence. Wix’s headquarters are in Tel Aviv with offices in San Francisco, New York, Miami, Vilnius and Dnepropetrovsk.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, that involve risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements may include projections regarding our future performance and may be identified by words like “anticipate,” “assume,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “predict,” “project,” “future,” “will,” “seek” and similar terms or phrases. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based on management’s current expectations, which are subject to uncertainty, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict and many of which are outside of our control. Important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements include, among others, our ability to grow our user base and premium subscriptions; our ability to maintain and enhance our brand and reputation; our ability to manage the growth of our infrastructure effectively; changes to technologies used in our solutions or in global, national, regional or local economic, business, competitive, market, regulatory and other factors discussed under the heading “Risk Factors” in the company’s annual report on Form 20-F filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 30, 2014. Any forward-looking statement made by us in this press release speaks only as of the date hereof. Factors or events that could cause our actual results to differ may emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for us to predict all of them. We undertake no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Eric Mason, Wix.com 415.322.8420 - email@example.com