San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global aerial imaging market is expected to reach USD 2.24 billion by 2020. Growing demand in emerging application areas including natural resources management, energy, and disaster prevention is expected to drive the market over the next six years. Increased need for geospatial information and imagery data is also expected to fuel demand over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Aerial Imaging Market Analysis By Application (Government, Military & Defense, Energy, Agriculture & Forestry, Civil Engineering, Commercial, Insurance) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/aerial-imaging-market-analysis-by-application-government-military-amp-defense-energy-agriculture-amp-forestry-civil-engineering-commercial-insurance-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Adoption of location-based services (LBS) for navigation, remote monitoring, navigation and mobile advertizing is expected to give impetus to the aerial imaging market. Adverse weather conditions and related environmental factors may prevent accurate imaging data collection. Security and privacy concerns among users are also expected to hamper market growth over the next six years.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Commercial applications are expected to witness high growth over the forecast period; they accounted for over 15% of the market in 2013. This can primarily be attributed to high adoption by the tourism industry. Planning 3D or 2D seismic surveys for alleviating safety and environment risks is expected to favorably impact the energy segment.
- Aerial construction progress images are used by architects and engineers for infrastructure development activities. Deploying aerial drones in place of manned helicopters for reducing overall cost is expected to be a key growth opportunity. The agriculture sector benefits from this technology through application in drainage planning and farmland management.
- North America accounted for majority of the global market share in 2013. High demand from the agriculture and forestry segment is expected to be the chief growth driver for the regional market. Demand from government agencies employing this technology for research purposes is also expected to fuel the market over the next six years. High demand across application areas is estimated to propel the Asia Pacific aerial imaging market.
- Companies operating in the aerial imaging market may have in-house systems and platforms; alternatively, they may also procure these from suppliers. Continued investments in R&D and technological innovation have been the key strategic initiatives undertaken by major industry participants. Key market players include Blom ASA, Fugro EarthData, Google Inc, Pictometry International, GeoVantage, Inc., Kucera International, Digital Aerial Solutions, Ofek Aerial Photography, Eagle View Technologies, etc.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/technology-and-media
Aerial Imaging Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Civil Engineering
- Military & Defense
- Forestry & Agriculture
Aerial Imaging Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Retail E-commerce Software Market In EMEA –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/retail-e-commerce-software-market-in-emea-2015-2019
- Global Retail E-commerce Software Industry Market –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-retail-e-commerce-software-industry-2015-market-research-report
- Global Tablet Stylus Pens Market –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-tablet-stylus-pens-industry-2015-market-research-report
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519