NEW YORK, Sept. 28, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Strata + Hadoop World – Paxata, provider of the only Adaptive Data Preparation™ platform for the enterprise, will be hosting a series of activities, including a customer showcase, interactive demonstrations, industry use cases and speaking sessions at the Strata + Hadoop World NY Conference being held on September 29 through October 1, 2015 in New York City.
STRATA ACTIVITY: PAXATA CUSTOMER CORNER
WHERE: PAXATA BOOTH 301
WHEN: Wednesday, September 30 and Thursday, October 1
WHAT: Paxata will feature customers and partners throughout the conference speaking on topics ranging from data quality, Anti-Money Laundering, stress testing in financial services, the big data OODA loop and more. The full schedule of speakers, which includes thought leaders from Cisco, Citi, PwC, JP Morgan Chase, Slalom, USEReady, ThunderCat, and others, will be available at the Paxata reception desk.
STRATA ACTIVITY: THE BILLION ROW BARRIER INTERACTIVE DATA PREPARATION CHALLENGE
WHERE: PAXATA BOOTH 301
WHAT: This demo showcases how a business analyst can clean, harmonize and create an AnswerSet ready for analytics all in under five minutes. The scenario involves a billion rows of complex financial transaction data from multiple systems, and conference attendees will be asked to prepare the data in order to detect suspicious money laundering activities based on transactions, without sampling, models or pre-defined schemas. The demo is driven off two Cisco UCS boxes, running eight Apache Spark nodes (C240s), four application servers (C 240s) nodes and three Mongo nodes (C220). The combination provides a streamlined approach to data processing and preparation, bypassing the need for a data warehouse layer. The Cisco UCS boxes are optimized for data, network, storage traffic and the Paxata data preparation platform delivers efficiencies through Spark which reduce the amount of unnecessary data traffic and improves overall resource utilization. A reference architecture published by Cisco is available at the Paxata booth.
STRATA ACTIVITY: INDUSTRY USE CASE DEMOS
WHERE: BOOTH 301
WHAT: Solution consultants from Paxata will be demonstrating additional use cases at the demo stations:
- Data quality – check out how a set of common data errors, gaps, anomalies and inconsistencies can be fixed in minutes, not hours or days – without creating a script or a single line of code, building schemas or models
- Customer product segmentation – see market data, product data and customer purchasing data come together to develop an AnswerSet used for white space or share of wallet analysis, cross-sell/upsell strategies and customer profiling
- Campaign effectiveness – watch as three data sets are combined, cleaned and organized for an AnswerSet to determine which campaigns are driving the most leads for the least amount of budget
- System controls and capabilities – take a look at how IT, content curators, data developers or administrators can manage data lineage and transparent governance, ad-hoc collaboration, user or project-based access controls, data set and project re-usability
STRATA ACTIVITY: CISCO AND PAXATA SPEAKING SESSION – EXPAND YOUR MIND TO FIT THE BIG DATA DATA CENTER: THE SCALE AND COST OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ARCHITECTURES
WHERE: 3D 06/07
WHEN: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 from 1:15pm–1:55pm
WHAT: As big data becomes a pervasive force in the enterprise, many of our fundamental ideas around how to optimize compute, storage, network, and resource management are being stretched. Join Cisco Consulting Systems Engineer Robert Novak and Paxata’s Co-founder and VP of Products Nenshad Bardoliwalla for a discussion about the power of unification across the software and hardware layers, and how this is completely upending the price-to-performance ratio of enterprise big data computing.
In this thought-provoking session, moderated by Bob Eve, Director of Data Virtualization at Cisco, we will examine the new architecture that represents the hyper-convergence of software and hardware for big data along multiple dimensions:
- How to design big data software for true elasticity for interactive and batch performance, combined with dynamic centralized hardware management through policy-driven configurations
- How to combine a state-of-the-art computer, storage, and networking backbone with an enterprise information fabric that optimizes for big data
- Why the promise of drastically lowering the cost-to-compute of big data won’t be fulfilled by using commodity hardware and open source technologies, without high-value vendor extensions and integration
- Why the notion of a data warehouse must be re-evaluated to ensure architecture future-proofing
Paxata is the only Adaptive Data Preparation™ platform for the enterprise. Paxata’s platform provides an interactive, analyst-centric data prep experience powered by a unified set of technologies designed from the ground up for comprehensive data integration, data quality, semantic enrichment, collaboration and governance. Information-driven organizations who want to make data worth analyzing use Paxata to explore, clean, shape, and combine all the data they need into rich AnswerSets™ which power ad hoc, operational, predictive and packaged analytics.
Paxata’s platform, built on Apache Spark and optimized to run in Hadoop environments, leverages distributed computing, machine learning and a dynamically visual workspace that promotes transparent governance and ad hoc collaboration. Paxata data prep, powered by IntelliFusion™, is designed to eliminate the need for coding, scripting and sampling. The solution is available as a service, and can be deployed in AWS virtual private clouds or within Hadoop environments at customer sites.
Paxata is headquartered in Redwood City with offices in New York, Ohio and Washington DC. Visit www.paxata.com, follow @Paxata, connect on linkedin.com/company/paxata, follow us at www.facebook.com/paxata and watch us on http://www.Youtube.com/PaxataTV.
CONTACT: Media Contacts: McCoin & Smith Communications Inc. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org 508-429-5988 978-433-3304