PITTSBURGH, Sept. 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Michael Baker International, a global leader in engineering, consulting, planning, technical and professional services, is showcasing its transportation engineering and information technology expertise during the 57th annual International Highway Engineering Exchange Program (IHEEP) Conference (September 13 – 17, 2015 at the Westin Convention Center Hotel in Pittsburgh, Pa.). Retired Gen. Michael V. Hayden, former director of the CIA, member of the Michael Baker board of directors and principal of The Chertoff Group, delivered the keynote speech to IHEEP attendees from around the globe. A Pittsburgh native, Hayden previously served as the country’s first principal deputy director of national intelligence and was the highest-ranking intelligence officer in the armed forces. He also served as director of the National Security Agency.
“With General Hayden’s impressive credentials and deep experience in both national security and technology, IHEEP attendees certainly received an insider’s perspective on both the challenges and opportunities faced by our industry – here in the United States, and across the globe,” said Kurt Bergman, CEO of Michael Baker International. “Our many subject matter experts who are leading sessions for the conference participants also demonstrate how Michael Baker’s full continuum of innovative solutions and global reach are making a difference for our clients. From accelerated bridge construction and data mining to virtual tunnel inspections, we remain at the forefront of technological solutions to make communities safer and more efficient.”
Michael Baker experts who are scheduled to present during the balance of the conference include:
- Thomas Zagorski, P.E., senior vice president and national director of construction services, on “State of e-Construction Implementation from the Federal Highway Administration Perspective”
- Rick Robyak, P.E., vice president, to moderate “Panel of Educators”
- Mary Rosick, P.E., operations manager, software and training development, bridges, on “Development of Virtual Tunnel Inspection Computer-Based Training”
- Robert “Nick” Hutton, senior project manager, on “Capital Program Development in a Digital World”
- Jose Aldayuz, M.S., P.E., transportation department manager, on “Developing a Bridge Preservation Program for the Wisconsin Department of Transportation”
- Brian Moore, P.E., senior construction engineer, on “PA 581 East Bound Over 10th Street Accelerated Bridge Construction”
The annual IHEEP Conference brings together transportation engineers, officials and industry representatives from various countries, states, counties, cities, and consulting firms from both North America and Europe to explore all aspects of technology related to highway transportation. This conference provides a peer exchange of information, ideas, and experiences as well as exposure to the latest technological advances and solutions.
More information on IHEEP is available online at www.iheep2015.com.
About Michael Baker International
Michael Baker International is a leading global provider of engineering and consulting services which include planning, architectural, environmental, construction, program management, and full life cycle support services as well as information technology and communications services and solutions. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions in support of U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker International has more than 6,000 employees in more than 90 locations across the U.S. and internationally. To learn more visit www.mbakerintl.com.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=36025
CONTACT: Jeff Donaldson email@example.com (866) 293-4609