AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, Sept. 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — IBC2015 Booth #7.B27 September 11-15, 2015 — IBM (NYSE:IBM) today announced the availability of Aspera Files, a new SaaS offering by Aspera, an IBM company, that allows any organization, small to large, to quickly establish a branded web-based presence for the fast, easy and secure exchange and delivery of file-based media or data of any size, over any distance and between end users across separate organizations, combining cloud and on-premises storage platforms. Built on the Aspera FASP® transport platform for distance-neutral transfer of extremely large files and data sets over the Internet, the new service breaks all previous barriers to enterprise file sharing.
Media companies and enterprises at large are creating more high-resolution content than ever; with increasingly shorter turnaround times in highly competitive markets that also depend upon secure inter-company collaboration. Aspera Files transforms cloud-based content sharing and collaboration by eliminating the complexities of sharing large files and large directories with fast and secure transfer of the largest (4K) media formats, digital cinema packages (DCP) and associated metadata.
Aspera Files unifies Aspera’s most advanced core technologies, features and capabilities into an easy-to-use web application, powered by its latest generation FASP® high-speed transfer platform that can be adapted and extended to meet customers’ ever-changing data transfer needs, digital workflows, deployment models, and security requirements.
Offered as a service, customers can quickly and easily deploy and configure Aspera Files, taking the hassle out of complex network setups and cloud resources provisioning. Files seamlessly handles sophisticated deployments and workflows to connect multiple cloud and on-premises storage systems.
The complete technology stack includes:
Web User Interface – Aspera Files delivers a simple and intuitive user experience within a customizable, company-branded web application to:
- Organize projects under individually brandable “Workspaces” to share and exchange files within an authorized community of users.
- Immediately share large files and data sets from on-premises storage or any cloud infrastructure.
- Easily drag and drop to share and exchange any size file or data set regardless of where the files reside – on premises or in the cloud.
- View shared content automatically in the Workspaces of the target users with the right security privileges.
- Preview media content in thumbnail view, keyframe grids and playable media.
Multi-tenant Transfer Platform with Autoscale
Files powers the user experience with the latest FASP high-speed transfer platform that includes the built-in Transfer Cluster Manager with Autoscale technology.
The platform provides built-in multi-tenant elastic scaling to meet variable demand in transfer throughput and storage. The distributed self-scaling clustering technology automatically:
- Adds new transfer nodes as transfer load increases
- Moves heavily utilized transfer nodes into an unavailable pool
- Spins down surplus nodes when transfer demand subsides
- Customers can deploy additional transfer server instances and storage in their location of choice, on premises or in the cloud, for additional scale-out capacity, and complete flexibility and control over where the data resides.
- Aspera’s Direct-to-Cloud technology supports direct cloud storage I/O transfers to all major cloud platforms through native object storage programming interfaces that enable the fastest file uploads and downloads while adding key transfer management features otherwise unavailable, such as pause, resume, and encryption over the wire and at rest.
- The platform includes a breakthrough distributed content access control system that enforces content sharing permissions on behalf of content owners to securely authenticate each end user’s access. Content transfers may be encrypted over the wire and at rest, with optional client-side and server-side encryption.
Aspera is demonstrating Aspera Files, alongside its entire portfolio of high-speed file transfer, sharing and exchange solutions at IBC2015 taking place September 11-15 in Amsterdam, Hall 7, Stand B27.
Aspera, an IBM company, is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Part of IBM Cloud, Aspera software is powered by the Emmy®award-winning FASP®protocol to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer, share and sync experience across on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructure. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets. Please visit http://www.asperasoft.com and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.
CONTACT: Americas/Asia: Kim Willsher, (+1) 310 569 2603 Europe: Louise Wells, +44 (0)20 7403 8878 Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Aspera's PR agency firstname.lastname@example.org