LAS VEGAS, Sept. 8, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — BMC ENGAGE — BMC, the global leader in software solutions for IT, today unveiled two new solutions for the digital workplace – MyIT Service Broker and HR Case Management. These solutions support BMC’s Digital Enterprise Management strategy, which is designed to make digital business fast and seamless, and optimized for every environment from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
BMC’s MyIT Service Broker and HR Case Management solutions help companies streamline operations and improve employee productivity by making it easier for companies to rapidly deploy and offer their employees access to traditional and digital IT services including third party applications, business services and now also HR services such as benefit changes and payroll inquiries.
“The modern mobile workforce expects anytime, anywhere access to the services they need to do their work,” said Robin Purohit president of the Service Support business at BMC. “These two BMC innovations help enterprises transform how people get work done while achieving breakthroughs in productivity of IT and operations functions like HR. Our Digital Workforce solutions build on the tremendous momentum we have seen with MyIT and Remedy 9 as core components of BMC’s Digital Enterprise Management strategy.”
MyIT Service Broker
Shadow IT, often caused by increasing catalog sprawl, is a major issue for most enterprises. More than 80 percent of employees use unapproved SaaS applications to do their jobs, according to a Frost & Sullivan report.1
The MyIT Service Broker solution addresses both catalog sprawl and shadow IT by enabling companies to aggregate, manage, deliver, and track hardware, software, and services in a unified service app story to offer employees a streamlined procurement process for IT-approved products and services. Employees access the system through their PCs, smartphones and other mobile devices, where they can use the online catalog to order computers and other hardware, download BMC and other third-party software, and secure cloud and on-premises services.
In addition, the MyIT Service Broker solution:
- Allows new employees to gain secure, personalized access to the hardware, software and other services they need to start their job, accelerating new employee on-boarding.
- Drives rapid adoption through peer-assisted selection, where users rate, review, and share the most effective hardware, software, and services available.
- Reduces catalog sprawl and shadow IT by unifying hardware, software, and services in a single online store.
- Accelerates on-boarding of third-party hardware, software and services with self-service publishing for vendors and partners.
- Enables IT and business managers to create new services and modify existing workflows with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
- Delivers insights on software and service usage, performance, and costs, helping companies make smarter software and service purchasing decisions.
HR Case Management
BMC’s new HR Case Management solution helps companies to standardize and automate HR workflows, replace manual forms with digital services and improve employee engagement by offering anytime, anywhere access to common HR services. Built for the digital workplace, BMC HR Case Management already has 20 production customers.
HR Case Management features:
- Hundreds of prebuilt HR templates for common workflows, forms, knowledge articles and reports, including benefit change requests, healthcare reimbursements, employee information updates and more.
- A powerful, drag-and-drop workflow designer to build automation for common HR processes.
- A purpose-built shared service delivery framework to enable HR departments to rapidly move to a tiered support model.
- Granular control over data visibility to prevent unauthorized access to HR data, protect employees’ privacy and mitigate corporate risk.
- An intuitive, mobile, self-service app for employees to access HR services, book appointments with HR clinics and track the status of open HR cases.
BMC’s HR Case Management solution is natively integrated into BMC’s IT service management applications, allowing companies to transfer incidents and cases between IT and HR and providing employees with a single, consolidated shared services self-service portal.
The BMC HR Case Management solution is built on BMC’s Remedy platform, which was recently positioned as a leader by Gartner Inc. for the second consecutive year in the August 26, 2015 Magic Quadrant for IT Service Support Management Tools (ITSSM).2 With this report, the Remedy Service Management Suite is positioned furthest along the completeness of vision axis in the Magic Quadrant.
BMC is a global leader in software solutions that help IT transform traditional businesses into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. Our Digital Enterprise Management set of IT solutions is designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized. From mainframe to mobile to cloud and beyond, we pair high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization—allowing our customers to provide intuitive user experiences with optimized performance, cost, compliance, and productivity. BMC solutions serve more than 16,000 customers worldwide including 82 percent of the Fortune 500.
BMC, BMC Software, the BMC logo and the BMC Software logo and all other BMC Software product and service names are owned by BMC Software Inc. and are registered or pending registration in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office or in the trademark offices of other countries. © Copyright 2015 BMC Software, Inc.
1 The Hidden Truth Behind Shadow IT: Six trends impacting your security posture. Frost & Sullivan 2013.
2 Gartner Magic Quadrant for IT Service Support Management Tools, Chris Matchett, Katherine Lord, Tapati Bandopadhyay, Aug. 25, 2015
CONTACT: Editorial contacts: Tami Casey BMC O: 408.571.7131 M: 650.293.7219 Tami_Casey@bmc.com Stephanie Kays Eastwick Communications 415.820.4178 650.504.4598 firstname.lastname@example.org