OUR ALERTS ON COCP:
- Our Friday Alert on COCP is found here
- Monday’s Update found here
- Tuesday’s Alert & Update found here
With a huge number of trades on Friday, Cocrystal Pharma (OTCQB: COCP) was up as much as 14% and shows a huge surge going into Monday.
Watch this one Monday!
Cocrystal Pharma, Inc. (OTCQB: COCP) is a pharmaceutical company with a mission to discover novel antiviral therapeutics as treatments for serious and/or chronic viral diseases. Cocrystal Pharma employs unique nucleoside chemistry and Nobel Prize winning expertise to create first- and best-in-class antiviral drugs. These technologies and our market-focused approach to drug discovery are designed to efficiently deliver small molecule therapeutics that are safe, effective and convenient to administer.
Cocrystal Pharma’s technology is based on the work of our Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Roger Kornberg and Dr. Raymond Schinazi. Dr. Kornberg was awarded the 2006 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for his work to actually visualize a replication enzyme called RNA polymerase in action. Using techniques called protein cocrystallization and X-ray crystallography, Dr. Kornberg and his colleagues generated a three dimensional picture similar to the one at left of RNA being transcribed by RNA polymerase. Dr. Schinazi is a world class expert in discovering novel nucleoside therapeutics. He founded or co-founded successful antiviral companies including Triangle Pharmaceuticals Inc., Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Pharmasset, Inc.
- Cocrystal Pharma is leveraging it’s expertise in these methods to identify and develop new antiviral compounds. Using these methods, Cocrystal Pharma scientists are able to:
- directly visualize how viral replication enzymes work
- identify key parts of these enzymes to target
- design compounds to block the function of these enzymes, thereby preventing viruses from replicating.
- discover novel nucleosides and other compounds which inhibit viral replication.